Door electronics recall

Instrumental

Original poster
Member
Jan 29, 2012
268
I got my notice in the mail today about the door electronics recall. I think the best part of it was that they DO NOT have the parts, but will let me know when they do. Umm, ok. :confused:
 

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Member
Nov 19, 2011
9,957
Portland, OR
Been that way for months. Good luck!
 

Jkust

Member
Dec 4, 2011
946
I got the notice for the Rainier maybe 3 weeks back and for the 9-7 this past Monday.
 

Don37725

Member
Dec 8, 2011
34
My 2006 TB quit 2 weeks ago and GM say my vin is not included - I was going to get one from Amazon for $100 but leaving for a month vacation to fla so no time to have it shipped before leaving - I borrowed the one from my wifes 04 Envoy which will be sitting home for the month anyway - the 06 has heated seats and the 04 does not but it works the windows doors mirrors and memory just fine - only problem was the face plates don't match so the 04 module is just resting in the hole in the armrest - I am going to report the failure to the NHTSB and hope my vin gets added?
 

dingle

Member
May 26, 2012
59
I got my notice last week. We will have fun taking the Saab's to the dealer and the Saab dealers saying that they won't work on it because its a GM issue. Then when we go into a GM dealer looks at us like we're stupid. Gonna be fun
 

Denali n DOO

Member
May 22, 2012
5,596
No notice for me :hissyfit:. My 06 was originally registered in Ohio United States and now registered in Ontario Canada, both affected areas for the recall. GM USA says that my vehicle is now in Canada so I gotta call GM Canada for recall info. GM Canada says that my vehicle was originally regitered in Ohio USA so I gotta call GM USA because it was built for service in USA. What a bunch of BS. Oh well, maybe I'll request a notice letter to say my VIN is not affected and it's alright to park in the garage and no possible risk of fire. Then if a fire......big lawsuit :cool:! What a bunch of A Holes!
 

Yacdogg

Member
Apr 27, 2012
92
Got my notice probably about month and 1/2 ago. mine works sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't.
 

Fire06

Member
Dec 18, 2011
7,223
Denali n DOO said:
No notice for me :hissyfit:. My 06 was originally registered in Ohio United States and now registered in Ontario Canada, both affected areas for the recall. GM USA says that my vehicle is now in Canada so I gotta call GM Canada for recall info. GM Canada says that my vehicle was originally regitered in Ohio USA so I gotta call GM USA because it was built for service in USA. What a bunch of BS. Oh well, maybe I'll request a notice letter to say my VIN is not affected and it's alright to park in the garage and no possible risk of fire. Then if a fire......big lawsuit :cool:! What a bunch of A Holes!

That really makes me happy Denali because my truck came from the states also, not sure if they will do anything yet. The dealer says he knew nothing about it yet so who knows.
 

million-miles

Member
Jan 10, 2012
189
I still have my burnt up one in the back of the TB. Was contacted by the NHSA and wanted pics of the burnt insulation around the wiring and the burnt module. I think they are trying to prove its not a BS salt spray issue and just a bad design issue.
 

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Member
Dec 3, 2011
8,053
Brighton, CO
What years are covered with this recall?
 

Voymom

Member
Feb 3, 2012
2,523
Wish my truck was in on it...I'm in one of the "fault" states but because I have an 03 I don't qualify for it dammit! :hissyfit: Oh and I have to beat the crap out of the door under the switches to get them to work.
 

Jkust

Member
Dec 4, 2011
946
dingle said:
I got my notice last week. We will have fun taking the Saab's to the dealer and the Saab dealers saying that they won't work on it because its a GM issue. Then when we go into a GM dealer looks at us like we're stupid. Gonna be fun

GM agreed to cover SAAB warranties for the years they owned SAAB but I wonder if that includes recalls too. Last I looked the SAAB USA website explaine the situation.
 

dingle

Member
May 26, 2012
59
I got another notice earlier this week saying that parts ARE available and to call a Saab dealership to get it looked at/fixed. I go in April 6th. So if you haven't gotten yours keep an eye outfor the mail.
 

jfkmk

Member
Mar 7, 2013
91
I'm taking my Envoy in to the dealer tomorrow for the replacement. They checked it out last week, told me they needed the part and ordered it. I'll be glad when it is replaced!
 

Denali n DOO

Member
May 22, 2012
5,596
My dealer called and mine is in. I'm getting a new one because the dealer broke the tabs that hold it in place while they were removing it for inspection :rotfl:
 

kjkim93

Member
Jan 1, 2012
696
My GM dealership says they have the part but i have to wait till May :mad: its starting to become annoying. I have to click some buttons twice for it to respond.
 

Jkust

Member
Dec 4, 2011
946
Dealer replace the Switch on the Rainier last week and got the SAAB notice that they have the parts in and to make an appointment.
 

Denali n DOO

Member
May 22, 2012
5,596
kjkim93 said:
My GM dealership says they have the part but i have to wait till May :mad: its starting to become annoying. I have to click some buttons twice for it to respond.

I wonder why you would have to wait until May :confused:
 

jrSS

Member
Dec 4, 2011
3,950
Got my switch. THANK GOD!!!! The actual button for the windows are a little bit of a different design. It works... so that's all I care about.
 

kjkim93

Member
Jan 1, 2012
696
jrSS said:
Got my switch. THANK GOD!!!! The actual button for the windows are a little bit of a different design. It works... so that's all I care about.

how different? Care to take a picture of it? lol
 

jrSS

Member
Dec 4, 2011
3,950
The "grain" is a little different than the rest of the panel. The button "feel" is different and the buttons are a tad smaller. But I don't care it works. It looks as if it don't fit right either.
 

Attachments

  • uploadfromtaptalk1364598742512.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364598742512.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 13

kjkim93

Member
Jan 1, 2012
696
jrSS said:
The "grain" is a little different than the rest of the panel. The button "feel" is different and the buttons are a tad smaller. But I don't care it works. It looks as if it don't fit right either.

Right? As long as it works though.
 

kjkim93

Member
Jan 1, 2012
696
Sorry to bring this back up guys! lol I'm just wondering. Is the Dealership suppose to provide us with a loaner car? Or would we have to pay for that? My father and I share the trailblazer, and with it gone for the day or whenever they decide to fix it I wont be able to go anywhere.
 

jfkmk

Member
Mar 7, 2013
91
Even though the dealer is only about 20 minutes away, when they saw I was from out of state, they let me make an appointment and replaced the part while I waited. It took less than an hour, and they had a great waiting area with magazines that were actually current, comfortable seating and good coffee.
 

jrSS

Member
Dec 4, 2011
3,950
jfkmk said:
Even though the dealer is only about 20 minutes away, when they saw I was from out of state, they let me make an appointment and replaced the part while I waited. It took less than an hour, and they had a great waiting area with magazines that were actually current, comfortable seating and good coffee.

Some people work :raspberry: well the dealership I go to isn't open on saturdays and open till 6 on weekdays. I usually get home around 4 -4:30.
 

Denali n DOO

Member
May 22, 2012
5,596
Just got mine today, prob not even 30 minutes to install. It looks the same to me, the only difference is the buttons feel new/stiff. I like it :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • DSC03287.jpg
    DSC03287.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 5

floridarv

Member
Mar 30, 2013
59
Got mine replaced last Saturday only took 30-45 minutes.
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,321
Posts
637,914
Members
18,526
Latest member
GODSBROOKS