Does Torque Pro App display Misfire Counts

bobdec

Original poster
Apr 19, 2013
Question for Torque Pro application users. On my 2007 Envoy the misfire counts are not active (green color) when I look at them. I sort of remember seeing a thread where the OP was talking about the counts for his TB. Can anyone tell me if they are active ?

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
You should have the misfire count. Go to "settings", then "manage extra PID/sensors", then "add predefined set", then "Pontiac / GM / Opel / Vauxhall". That should make the misfire count active.

budwich

Jun 16, 2013
kanata
In my "findings", you have to run torquescan to get some of the extended pids to get set "green" which you then can used.

bobdec

Original poster
Apr 19, 2013
Appreciate the inputs.... Yesterday I verified Torque Pro was at latest level, GM extended PID's were selected, and Torquescan is latest level. Still no misfire counts (no data msg) in Torquescan, not green in Torque Pro. . I Started a full search for PID's in T-scan, but had to cut it off after 15 mins. Will retry the PID scan when I have a larger block of time available..

I know they went to a different PCM in '06, then added memory to the PCM in '07 and then went to ECM in '08. Just wondering if some of the PID address (offsets) are different for the '07. Will update after PID scan is run...

'03EXT

Dec 4, 2011
Fwiw, I was also curious about he misfire counts in torque pro so I did as dmanns67 suggested in post#2 and now I have misfire counts plus some more goodies . Thanks dmanns

Reactions: MAY03LT

budwich

Jun 16, 2013
kanata
bobdec.... I don't think you have to run a "full scan". Anyways, if you watch the addresses that are being scanned by torquescan, that will tell you how far it has "looked". Those addresses have to be greater than the addresses associated with the "misfire count"... at least that is what I have found when playing with the tranny temp and current gear. I have an issue where torquescan hangs when it gets into the "upper level" addresses and doesn't complete the scan which then I found that I was forced to "point" the pid at the specific "destination" (ie. pcm, tcm, hex, etc).

bobdec

Original poster
Apr 19, 2013
Yep, ran the PID scan and it went way up there in the high addresses, no real end or message from the scan, it just stopped running, waist of time. Looking at addresses I started seeing some conflicting data between apps so I deleted the extend PID's completely and re-installed them . Now the misfires are green and working on T-Pro and T-Scan (the PID addresses are different). A while back I did some work on a Ford product and loaded the Ford extended PID's so I think my problem was either I had both GM & Ford or the Ford's loaded don't know the app would handle loading two sets.. I did follow post #2 and selected GM extended PID's, but that did not help. Fix was to DELETE and then follow post 2 to get things fixed. Thanks for the assistance.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nadmak

Members Online