Do you recomment Mevotech links?

floridafitz

Original poster
Jan 2, 2012
Winter Springs FL
Are Mevotech stabilizer links recommended as replacements? Went with their lower control arms and all ball joints, which seem well liked and were a great fit. If not, what brand do you use. Thanks.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
They all seem to work. Greasable ones may be better than AC Delco OEMs or the ones that can't be greased. Just look on ANY of them as disposable parts that might not last 50K miles, and then the cheapest name brand ones look attractive. Deeza and Mevotech are ones that might not be as familiar a name brand, but they're fine. Higher end ones with a different design like SuspensionMAXX also enjoy a bunch of followers. Whatever you do, don't get the CCC (Cheapie Chinese Crap) brands like "OE" or Ebay crud. You might pay $90 on Ebay for four CCC links, four ball joints, upper and lower control arms, and tie rod ends, but they'll fail before you drive far enough to get your alignment. :hissyfit:

floridafitz

Original poster
Jan 2, 2012
Winter Springs FL
Got it.....thanks.

SAR85

Jan 31, 2012
I've only had them for less than 1k miles but the Mevotech are doing ok so far for me. This is for the rear at least...haven't done the front yet.

essaycho348

Mar 7, 2012
im about to do the fronts too. was wondering the same thing...

i called the local autozone and for $20 bucks a pop its a lifetime warranty. Mevotechs run 15 from rockauto, but for 5 bucks more i can get a moogs...

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I got the Deeza and they are holding up well so far. I think the brand is not so important (except for the CCC as Roadie explained) but how the boot seals out water and dirt. If you look at the the pics below, there is a more expensive Moog, a Mevotech and a Deeza. The Deeza has a metal ring that positively seals out dirt and water and holds the grease in. The others just have a rubber cup over the outer edge and actually has an opening where the "bar" meets the bearing (arrows).

View attachment 21466

I had a set of Moogs on my truck when I bought it. Completely dry and worn out. I don't know how old they were but there should have been some grease in there even if they were neglected.

Attachments

• Moog.jpg
    Moog.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 124
  • Mevotech.jpg
    Mevotech.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 124
  • Deeza.jpg
    Deeza.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 126

essaycho348

Mar 7, 2012
is the type of boot the only thing that comes in to play? what about the type of metal that they use to make the bushing or ball joint itself? thats good if it can keep water out but can the actual hardware take long term abuse?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Do the Deezas use a dumb allen key to hold them in place while tightening however? I like the hex on the Moogs.

A lot of ball and socket joint stuff use a simple unsealed boot. I don't know why. Just have to keep up with greasing them.

seanpooh

Jan 24, 2012
Moogs do make good products but not the sway bar links. As mentioned above, the boot doesn't keep the elements out. Two winters, the sway bar links had to be thrown away no matter how much I greased them. I support the suspensionmaxxx links, no maintenance needed and long lasting so far.

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
Sparky said:
Do the Deezas use a dumb allen key to hold them in place while tightening however? I like the hex on the Moogs.

A lot of ball and socket joint stuff use a simple unsealed boot. I don't know why. Just have to keep up with greasing them.

:iagree: I already stripped the front right stock endlink. I fell like I am going to have to use an angle grinder on the rear for when I go to replace them......:hissyfit:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
randybill

Members Online