Dipped Dash

kon

Original poster
Jul 10, 2012
Not for everyone but thought id share. Its a pearl.black with a red silver metalizer.
Let me know what you think. Still need to do the doors black.

Attachments

• attachment-1.jpg
    attachment-1.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 31
  • attachment-3.jpg
    attachment-3.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 31

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Different...I like it

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Looks great! Only thing i would change would be to dip the passenger airbag.

kon

Original poster
Jul 10, 2012
Thats my favorite part too actually lol when i finally learned how to take em apart it really made a difference. I used to have the wheel center red but i peeled it.
The finish project will have a new headliner and seats wit fabric i foud online. Funding has held me.back though of course

Attachments

• rrink_splatter_red_shop_preview.jpg
    rrink_splatter_red_shop_preview.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 179

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Also, your dash is begging for a tablet install :biggrin:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
different and unique... not sure how I feel, but it's your truck and that's all that matters :thumbsup:

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
kon said:
Just wanted to share options out there

there any reason you didnt do the passenger airbag?

kon

Original poster
Jul 10, 2012
I just didnt look into how to remove itand was worried it would be to patchy looking.

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Gothca. In case you want to in the futre, i believe it's 2 or three screws on the bottom that you get too by removing the foot well panel and 1 nut on each side that i took the vents out to be able to reach.

kon

Original poster
Jul 10, 2012
DDonnie said:
Gothca. In case you want to in the futre, i believe it's 2 or three screws on the bottom that you get too by removing the foot well panel and 1 nut on each side that i took the vents out to be able to reach.

Thanks i appreciate the help

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
MAY03LT said:
Can't say I've seen the cluster done like that....I like it.:yes::thumbsup:

Yeah, definitely a one off

kon

Original poster
Jul 10, 2012
Haha i was in the middle of redoing my motors then decided to go back in to do the LEDs an only popped those on so it was less work when i took it all apart later.

NinjuhhNutz

Oct 15, 2012
while I would have done a diff color...I do like it :thumbsup:
been thinking about wrapping the bezel that goes on top of the guages instead of painting...after this, I just might do it lol
and I LOVE the vent fins!!! nicely done, sir

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
I just got around to dipping my center vent covers and the vent on the driver's side today, after having already done the right vent, airbag cover and the defrost vents on the sides awhile back. Those bolts on the back of the vents were kind of a PITA. I agree those dipped vent fins look sick :thumbsup: Mine wouldn't have quite the same effect since my scheme is black and grey though... looks good though man! Oh, and I dipped my airbag cover in-car, just masked off well. There's enough of a gap to where the dip won't peel off inadvertantly FYI

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
BINGA said:
I just got around to dipping my center vent covers and the vent on the driver's side today, after having already done the right vent, airbag cover and the defrost vents on the sides awhile back. Those bolts on the back of the vents were kind of a PITA. I agree those dipped vent fins look sick :thumbsup: Mine wouldn't have quite the same effect since my scheme is black and grey though... looks good though man! Oh, and I dipped my airbag cover in-car, just masked off well. There's enough of a gap to where the dip won't peel off inadvertantly FYI

Pics or it didn't happen

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
DDonnie said:
Pics or it didn't happen

:rotfl: Shame on me for thinking I could wait till daylight to post some pics I guess...

Attachments

• Center Vent 2.jpg
    Center Vent 2.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Center Vent 1.jpg
    Center Vent 1.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Driver Vent 1.jpg
    Driver Vent 1.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 7

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
Sir ffeJ said:
Ok I got to get in on this one. :biggrin:

Nice work man, Super clean :thumbsup:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
kon said:
Not for everyone but thought id share. Its a pearl.black with a red silver metalizer.
Let me know what you think. Still need to do the doors black.

Looks great!...interiors are so drab these days that it's nice to see colors besides gray,black and tan. Auto makers....are you listening?

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
northcreek said:
Looks great!...interiors are so drab these days that it's nice to see colors besides gray,black and tan. Auto makers....are you listening?

So true...what about those all white interiors from years ago? :wink:

kon

Original poster
Jul 10, 2012
Those fins in the vent r sick real clean lookin. An speaking of white i was thinking white pearl insted of the black but got talked out of it by the gf

Sir ffeJ

Dec 1, 2011
2 stage spray paint called Metalcast made by Duplicolor. Got some to do the calipers, just haven't got around to doing that. It's the wifes' favorite color( I like to)and she gets it for a steal from work.

I did a show and tell sort of speak on the OS. It's called, "Bored today so I did"

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online

No members online now.