DFW

juggalo

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
So just curious about the activity in the DFW TX area. I see on the OS there was a huge problem with meets never been established in the south chapter. and well honestly its been too long since i've been to a meet. So to the point, anybody else if there is enough people willing for a DFW meet?

MrDJ

Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
I would be up for a meet either the end of this year or the beginning of next year while I'm home from college!

jusbarron

Nov 30, 2011
I am up for a meet...my problem has always been the choice of weekends, I have to work every other and they always seemed to fall on that particular weekend.

TXBlazer

Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
we could :deadhorse: , but that would do us no good. Just like before, if you want to have a meet in your area.....Post up, bump the post, PM people you know in the area, and ask for everybody's input. Discuss several options for places, and dates. You will never satisfy all, but If you pla well enough ahead, it should work out. The last meet we had in Cypress/Houston ended up with 13 trucks and members from the OS and from TBSS. You just have to advertise and Bump the post. You may even want to post up on TBSS. After all they have GMT 360's, just like us!!:biggrin:

juggalo

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
well im some what new to the dfw area and was the reason for this post to get others to throw out ideas of where to meet and who the members are in the area. i was thinking of somewhere around the beginning of the year like Sat. Jan. 7th?

I know of gateway park in haltom city, where a few car shows normally are would be a good place to meet since theres enough parking. any other thoughts?

MrDJ

Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
So far the 7th is good for me. I will try to think of a little more central location. It would be easier for me to meet up somewhere maybe around Arlington if that's a possibility?

juggalo

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
That would be fine i would like a more central location anyways that way more people with show hopefully. like i said im fairly new to the area so not to familiar with places to meet but you guys throw us suggestions ill find it. lol

jusbarron

Nov 30, 2011
How about Bone Daddy's in Grapevine? I work that day but get off around 4:30, maybe start a little later in the day?

revamp

Dec 22, 2011
Mansfield, TX
Merry Christmas!

I am in Mansfield, so anywhere in the DFW are would be fine with me. I look forward to meeting, would be my first TB meet.

Jan 7th works for me. Just make up your mind on where.

Cheers!:thumbsup:

MrDJ

Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
The 7th is still good for me as well, however I still cannot think of a good location. I am hoping for somewhere in Arlington.

MrDJ

Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
revamp said:
Arlington Highlands somewhere would be my suggestion.

That works for me, but where in the highlands will there be space enough for several trucks on a Saturday?

juggalo

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
looks like the far corner of costco parkinglot would be a good place to at least meet and then go from there

juggalo

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
how does noon sound for yall? and also whos gonna be able to make it as of now

MrDJ

Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
Noon is a little early for me. I can be there around 1-ish. Other than that, I am still good for the 7th.

MrDJ

Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
So, I couldn't help but notice that we are 2 days away from this meet and there is still no final word on the time and so forth. Is this event still happening?

juggalo

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
well i was planning on been at the costco parking lot around 130ish. i hope its gonna happen lol

juggalo

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
hopefully its just more then me and you lol if yall want to contact me while were there my cell is 817 350 5373

-Dale

MrDJ

Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
I think that was a good mini meet! Not a lot of trucks but a lot of information was shared back and forth. I had a good time.

Here is a picture of the event:
View attachment 17789

Attachments

• 1-7-12 TB Meet.jpg
    1-7-12 TB Meet.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 13

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
juggalo said:
hopefully its just more then me and you lol ...
Reminds me of an old joke whose punch line is "Whatever you want .... just gonna be the two of us." :rotfl:

A man moves to the Appalachian Mountains to get away from it all. He really likes it, but hasn't had a visitor the entire three months he's been there. Finally a hillbilly neighbor comes over and invites him to a party that Saturday night.

"Now I gotta warn ya," the man says. "There's gonna be some drinkin'."

"That's okay," the guy says. "I can hold my liquor."

"And there's gonna be some dancin'," the hillbilly adds.

"That's okay," the guy says. "I can cut the rug pretty good."

"There's gonna be some fightin', too," the hillbilly warns.

"That's okay," says the guy. "I don't believe in fighting, but I can hold my own."

"And there's gonna be some wild sex," says the hillbilly.

"Well, I seldom have a problem with that," the guy says cheerfully.

"Okay," says the hillbilly. "See you Saturday."

"Wait a minute," says the guy. "What should I wear?"

"It don't matter," says the hillbilly. "Just gonna be the two of us."

MrDJ

Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
That's funny right there! I don't care who you are; that's funny!

juggalo

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
haha Good meet if thats considered a meet. Had a good time hopefully a better turn out next time lol

juggalo

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Might have to make a informative thread about how to remove the side covers on the dash and that it actually exists. lmao :smile:

revamp

Dec 22, 2011
Mansfield, TX
Hey guys! Sorry I missed this. I stopped getting reply notifications on this thread and thought the meet died. I am still very interested in the next time. I want to be more involved with it, too.

We should start planning the next one now so we can get more folks.

Glad you guys made it out there anyway! It was a great day for it!

revamp

Dec 22, 2011
Mansfield, TX
bbarker89 said:
Are there still meets going on?

Hey bbarker!
I am in Mansfield. I am in the process of getting my transmission and engine replaced (I know, joy...) then I will be back in commission. Otherwise, you are the first person in a while in the DFW'ish area expressing interest to meet!

Stay in touch! As will I.

Talk soon!

Erik
[revamp]

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Might want to get thread going, set up a good date/time/location. The most important thing is the date and allowing a good time frame. :thumbsup::thumbsup::biggrin:

Wph84

Apr 17, 2015
are people still active in dfw? would be cool to see some neat looking trailblazers and probably be fun to laugh about my goofy Ascender

SpeedUp

Apr 15, 2017
McKinney, TX
Was there ever a group started? As these trucks get older, would be nice to have a group of people who are willing to help each other out. I live in McKinney

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Judging by the age of this thread, I'd say "no". You could start one. :biggrin:

• Haha
Reactions: SpeedUp

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluecorp

Members Online