Destroyed passenger mirror

IndyPJ

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Wife hit something and destroyed my passenger side mirror. I am at a junk yard, and all of the TB'S are missing theirs. 0 envoys. What other make/model/year can I use to replace it? 05 TB ls, heated mirror. Thanks

IndyPJ

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Thanks. I was trying to edit that there were 0 saabs, but lost connection.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
or you can check out ebay and seller 1933trader.. they specialize in TB's,Voy's, etc...

IndyPJ

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
May have to do that. I do odds and ends on a lot of friends cars. This isnt my usual yard. My other one has an up to date inventory. They havnt had and TBs in over a year. So, I figuref I'd give this one a try. Sad fail. What they had were severly wrecked and burnt out. Found a handle for my dads f150, oh well. I'll hit my usual place fot the alternatives tomorrow.
Thanks

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Hmmm that is kind of funny. I went to car-part.com and all they showed was LH mirrors as well.

IndyPJ

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Is that the one with the turn signal built in? Mine does not have that. I found two like that.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
IndyPJ said:
Is that the one with the turn signal built in? Mine does not have that. I found two like that.

I looked at all of the heated ones and they were all LH

IndyPJ

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Ok, I understand now. The two cables circled in red were connected directly to the mirror. I figured they were for mirror heaters.
View attachment 18337

Attachments

• mirror cable.jpg
    mirror cable.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 5

Busterbrown

Dec 4, 2011
IndyPJ said:
Wife hit something and destroyed my passenger side mirror. I am at a junk yard, and all of the TB'S are missing theirs. 0 envoys. What other make/model/year can I use to replace it? 05 TB ls, heated mirror. Thanks

Check out ebay seller: 1933trader. He's a dedicated local used TV parts dealer in my area. When I visited the shop late this past year, I remember walking past several dozen side mirrors. I'm pretty confident you can get what you need from him. Contact info below:

America's Top Auto
8947 Hubbell Street
Detroit, MI
(313) 836-1000

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
IndyPJ said:
Use one of them, and remove the lens and replace it with the blank from your mirror (if it is not broken).

IndyPJ said:
Ok, I understand now. The two cables circled in red were connected directly to the mirror. I figured they were for mirror heaters.
View attachment 3372
I think they are the heater wires :undecided:

IndyPJ

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
RayVoy said:
Use one of them, and remove the lens and replace it with the blank from your mirror (if it is not broken).:

Oh no, it was toasted... Front shell, blank, mirror, mirror backing... destroyed. The base has 3 mounts, and they were all cracked.

Mikie

Dec 5, 2011
Rock Auto - SHERMAN Part # CCC690322R More Information About this Part {#15789786, GM1321323}
Power Heated Textured Black Manual Folding W/HIDDEN ILLUM Signal W/ MEM W/AMB ER Lens; Right

Plus 5% off with code.

mika

Dec 6, 2011
Rock Auto also hasthem not to expensive, delivery is also quick.:smile:

Wex

Dec 4, 2011
If you are not afraid of Chinese knock-off parts, Certifit is not a bad alternative. You can examine the build quality in the store and then decide if you want it. I have bought several mirrors on other makes and pleased. The fitment has always been perfect. If a rubber gasket is used, you will have to transfer it over. Make certain you check how firm the mirror glass feels. I have bought some other cheap parts that required you to slightly adjust the glass mirror angle every week. Guess the road bumps move the mirror slightly on the uber-cheap parts. It appears they are in many major cities. While I was there I saw people buying whole new fenders and stuff.

lint

Dec 4, 2011
Someone broke my mirror on the trailblazer 3 mouths ago .got the only one at a junk yard around the corner the same day . ''95 dollars'' then found out there a lot cheaper online new at advance auto , auto zone,rock auto :frown:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online