Decided to join the insanity

flyboy2610

Original poster
Aug 24, 2021
Lincoln, Ne.
I've been looking in on this site for a while, finally decided to join up. Although, much like Groucho Marx, it's generally against my principles to have any association with any group that would accept someone like me as a member.
I have a 2004 Trailblazer EXT, 4.2I6 4x4. About 6 weeks ago I replaced the entire front suspension except for the CV axles. The boots were still in great shape, and they aren't making any noise, so they stayed. I also put a 2" Readylift leveling kit on it, didn't like the feeling of driving downhill all the time. I just got my BORA 1-1/2" wheel spacers on Saturday. I made a trip to my local tire/repair shop and made an appointment for Sept. 24th to have the wheel spacers installed (they have to be professionally installed or the warranty is void. I wonder what happens the first time I have to change my brake rotors?) and a set of 265/70R17 Firestone Destination A/T2's put on. The beastie was aligned after the suspension replacement (and I did do the UCA swap and flip), but they're going to put it on the rack after the tires are installed and check it again. Going to re-aim the headlights, too. The Goodyear Fortera's that are on there now won't make it through another winter.
I'm guessing the stealership will have to reprogram the speedometer.
The wife has an '06 Trailblazer, so I get plenty of maintenance and repair practice!

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
I'm guessing the stealership will have to reprogram the speedometer.

Welcome aboard!

Maybe a bit of bad news but I don't think that speedometer can be "reprogrammed" even at the dealership. I did just see somewhere a note from someone that installed a device from Dakota Digital that apparently can handle that for you though. It splices in between the VSS and the PCM or was it the PCM and Speedo?? Whatever, it did the job after a little setup.

Not too late for an edit hopefully. Here is a link to the product...

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Welcome! I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
As the lights on our vehicles often are BLINDING, I thank you for remembering of
Going to re-aim the headlights, too.
this. :2thumbsup:
And thinking of speedometers I find myself using my garmin gps for my speedo. I don't need to take my eyes off the road to check my speed (and it often seems that my steering wheel blocks much of my view of the speedometer with it tilted down). :twocents:¢

Last edited:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Welcome! Keeping in the flying theme, Sully was one of my favorite movies!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online