Daytime running lights

retiredcopper

Original poster
Nov 16, 2013
When I first purchased my 09 with one Tb w/I6 the DRL's weren't working at all,a swap of the dash sensor solved that problem. The other day I noticed the DRL's are operating at "FULL" power same as if the low beams were on. Anybody have this problem?...Please be advised I already swapped out the solid state relay in the fuse box with one from a friend's Tb who's DRL's are working properly and there was no change in mine. Any thoughts on what I can check next?...TIA

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
You might find THIS Thread... Interesting...

retiredcopper

Original poster
Nov 16, 2013
You might find THIS Thread... Interesting...

MR,I had already gone thru these,were no help finding out why the DRL's are working at full power instead of the 50 or 60%...much appreciated for the post....I'll keep digging....stay safe!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
It almost sounds like the 2nd daylight sensor failed the opposite way, making the vehicle think it's always nighttime. :undecided:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
There IS a peculiarity with the Left Headlight, the Left Turn Signal and Fuel Pump Relay sharing a Common (Sketchy) Ground that can have an effect upon each other as per this image:

2002GROUNDWIRES.jpgENGINEBLOCKGROUNDS.jpeg

Also... The BCM (encompassed in the Dotted Line Rectangle on the Upper Left Side of this attached Diagram) seems intimately involved with the Headlamp Relay... so perhaps looking over the Fuses and Connection therein may reveal more possibilities... this Schematic commends itself to a bit of close study...

2006TBHEADLAMPS1.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Blck,first I'm hearing of a 2nd sensor...might you know where it's located?
Sorry, I meant the sensor you used for the initial replacement seems like it failed.

Can you confirm if the parking lights are also on during the day? Or any of the interior lighting of the switches and dash are on?

Reactions: Matt

retiredcopper

Original poster
Nov 16, 2013
Sorry, I meant the sensor you used for the initial replacement seems like it failed.

Can you confirm if the parking lights are also on during the day? Or any of the interior lighting of the switches and dash are on?
understood....and be advised all the other lights are working as they should

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Possible someone did the DRL capacitor mod?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online