Cruise control ?????

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
Mooseman said:
Even came with instructions? Sweet!

Yea slight problem can't get the freaking lower plastic shroud.off damn steering wheel tilt is onbthe way and I don't see a clip or screw for it

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
Ok, Switch is installed it works, the switch thing whne you turn left or right isnt very loud so that must mean its a new switch. Second no CRUISE LIGHT on the cluster? i don't like that at all, and i tested it at 40mph and it makes engine and tranny jump hard (SCARED the #$@^ out of me).... maybe i will reset the GPU/CPU unhook the battery for 30 min. Lastly i broke the top shroud on the steering column it just wont stay together so im going to Epoxy it back together on the seems in 4 small places ( that way if i ever need to remove it i know where to slice.

Over all if your good with plastic its a very very easy install the hardest part for me was the damn plastic on the steering wheel goose neck. :rotfl:

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
I think I need to reset my GPU after that color font.... And then I wanna know what kind of vehicle you put that on since your gonna reset the GPU/CPU.. I KNOW the Trailblazer doesn't have a Graphic Processing Unit...

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
McGMT said:
I think I need to reset my GPU after that color font.... And then I wanna know what kind of vehicle you put that on since your gonna reset the GPU/CPU.. I KNOW the Trailblazer doesn't have a Graphic Processing Unit...

Darn typo:o. Pcm reset. I disconnected the battery for 25min. The hard shift is gone. Im happy :smile::beer::thumbup:

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
Not all of them had the light, my 06 doesn't and isn't supposed to.

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
CaptainXL said:
I would check diagram. Perhaps there is a cruise fuse for the light.:confused:

Well I took a ultraviolet led.light to the dash to check for each dummy light and I see no cruise word but I do see a what looks like a cruise symbol
Ill check the fuse box after the epoxy on the plastic shroud over the steering.column drys (30min).

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
Have you checked to see if it lights when you turn the key on? It is a green speedo with an arrow thing.... And on that note, do you have a check gauges light? If you don't have a check gauge light then you also don't have a cruise light.

And no, there is definitely not a fuse for the light, all a wiring diagram is going to show is that the lights in the cluster are commanded by Class 2 Data

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
McGMT said:
Have you checked to see if it lights when you turn the key on? It is a green speedo with an arrow thing.... And on that note, do you have a check gauges light? If you don't have a check gauge light then you also don't have a cruise light.

And no, there is definitely not a fuse for the light, all a wiring diagram is going to show is that the lights in the cluster are commanded by Class 2 Data

Yes lights light up when key is in the on position, yes that gauge with an arrow is there no it does not light up no there isn't a fuse im done working on the truck, broke the plastic on the column somehow I cross threaded my negative battery stud I'm having a bad day:thumbdown::banghead::sadcry:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Called it in post #14. :wink:

zoltar.jpg

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I went to the other site looking for any other cruise light inop reports after the stalk swap and found that other folks reported the same thing. The majority said that the cruise light does not come on when the key is turned on and the cluster does the bulb checks.

A few dealer quotes for adding cruise were pretty high (no surprise there) so maybe there is some programming involved to enable the pcm to send a cruise on signal to the cluster over the data bus.

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
MAY03LT said:
I went to the other site looking for any other cruise light inop reports after the stalk swap and found that other folks reported the same thing. The majority said that the cruise light does not come on when the key is turned on and the cluster does the bulb checks.

A few dealer quotes for adding cruise were pretty high (no surprise there) so maybe there is some programming involved to enable the pcm to send a cruise on signal to the cluster over the data bus.

Figured that.
Well I payed $40 overall it was worth it than what the lyers at the dealership would charge.
I dont like dummy lights anyways. Just have to make sure if anyone drives my truck to remind them there's absolutely no light in the dash when cruise is turned on

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Meh, not worth the money just for the cruise light, especially when it is kind of silly how it works IMO. I could see a light that illuminates when the cruise system is turned on (not only when it is set but when the switch is on), but having it light only when set just struck me as bizarre since, well, DUH the cruise is on, it is going without touching the gas pedal :tongue:

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
the roadie said:
Probably a caller or two to the BlondeStar help line couldn't figure that out. "Help! The car is driving ITSELF!!! I can't slow it down by taking my foot off the pedal!!!!"

Bahaha !!!!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Years ago (like the 70's), all there was for the cruise control was a set button at the end of the turn signal arm. No on/off, no accel/resume, no cancel and definitely no light. You had to touch the brake to cancel it, and that's the way it was explained in the manual. But you could decelerate by holding the set button. Just one button for the whole thing.

Now what if you buy a new vehicle and tell them to take out cruise, saving you $600~$800, and then just re-install the stalk? I doubt they would bother de-programming the light. For saving that much money, to hell with the light!

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
Hmm when your using cruise and you hit the brakes it disables it but how come when you press the button again it doesn't resume back to the same speed it was at prior to hitting the brakes ?

Edit: I have to use the slider to resume not the button whoops !

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
That is why they gave names to the button positions, as explained in the manual. (when all else fails, read the manual)

Cruise Control
The cruise controls are
located on the end of the
turn signal/multifunction
lever.
(On): Move the switch to this position to turn the
cruise control system on.
(Resume/Accelerate): Move the switch to this
position to resume a set speed or to accelerate.
(Set): Press this button, located at the end of the
lever, to set a speed.
(Off): This position turns the cruise control system
off and cancels memory of a set speed.

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
meerschm said:
That is why they gave names to the button positions, as explained in the manual. (when all else fails, read the manual)

Cruise Control
The cruise controls are
located on the end of the
turn signal/multifunction
lever.
(On): Move the switch to this position to turn the
cruise control system on.
(Resume/Accelerate): Move the switch to this
position to resume a set speed or to accelerate.
(Set): Press this button, located at the end of the
lever, to set a speed, or press and hold to coast (slow down) with the new set speed being set when you let off.
(Off): This position turns the cruise control system
off and cancels memory of a set speed.

Edited it just a bit.

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
C-ya said:
Edited it just a bit.

I cut and pasted from the manual. (but agree with the edit the missing details are on the next page in the manual:smile:

Resuming a Set Speed
Suppose you set your cruise control at a desired speed
and then you apply the brake. This, of course, shuts
off the cruise control. But you don’t need to reset it.
Once you’re going about 25 mph (40 km/h) or more, you
can move the cruise control switch briefly from on to
resume/accelerate.
You’ll go right back up to your chosen speed and
stay there.
If you hold the switch at resume/accelerate, the vehicle
will keep going faster until you release the switch or
apply the brake. So unless you want to go faster, don’t
hold the switch at resume/accelerate.
Increasing Speed While Using Cruise
Control
There are two ways to go to a higher speed:
• Use the accelerator pedal to get to the higher
speed. Press the button at the end of the lever, then
release the button and the accelerator pedal.
You’ll now cruise at the higher speed.
• Move the cruise switch from on to
resume/accelerate. Hold it there until you get up to
the speed you want, and then release the switch.
To increase your speed in very small amounts,
move the switch briefly to resume/accelerate. Each
time you do this, your vehicle will go about
1 mph (1.6 km/h) faster.
Reducing Speed While Using Cruise
Control
Press in the set button at the end of the lever until you
reach the lower speed you want, then release it.
Each time you do this, you’ll go about 1 mph (1.6 km/h)
slower.

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
Thanks I did rtfm after my.post and made a edit. Also something very cool. Is when im doing 65mph and need to gun it rather than use the pedal if I tap the resume lever twice it guns the speed for me andnit really kicks it in gear !:smile:

Ev Ritter

May 1, 2014
Ghost said:
Figured that.
Well I payed $40 overall it was worth it than what the lyers at the dealership would charge.
I dont like dummy lights anyways. Just have to make sure if anyone drives my truck to remind them there's absolutely no light in the dash when cruise is turned on
FYI-->I pulled the two pcm fuses on the fuse block next to the engine & let it set for a few minutes...then refit the two fuses & bingo ! problem solved.....it reset the PCM. Cruise on & all other functions lite up ! Simple fix ! Thanks to Mayo ...he the man !

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Ev Ritter said:
FYI-->I pulled the two pcm fuses on the fuse block next to the engine & let it set for a few minutes...then refit the two fuses & bingo ! problem solved.....it reset the PCM. Cruise on & all other functions lite up ! Simple fix ! Thanks to Mayo ...he the man !
You'll probably find out how dirty your throttle body is soon. If she starts dying, at least you know what's up.

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
Ev Ritter said:
Where exactly is the fuses? ill try that in the morning

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Ghost said:
Where exactly is the fuses? ill try that in the morning
10 and 28 under the hood I believe. The only 2 labled pcm on the diagram.

Reactions: djthumper and Ghost

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yasha

Members Online