cruise control will not come on

mika

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Hey everyone, nice hot summer no? I encountered a problem last with the cruise controle, it will not come on, I believe I checked the right fuse, #31 under the back seat, a 3 amp.. Is there something else I should be looking for?

thanks for the help.

barron03

Nov 20, 2011
I had a shorted out brake light bulb that caused mine not to work.

Dec 5, 2011
Central Pennsylvania
Doesn't apply to your vehicle, but in my AWD Bravada, the Tcase was stuck and the cruise wouldn't come on. How's your ABS? If you get ABS codes or if it's activating a lot - maybe a wheel sensor - cruise will not engage during a "slip condition".

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
mika said:
Hey everyone, nice hot summer no? I encountered a problem last with the cruise controle, it will not come on, I believe I checked the right fuse, #31 under the back seat, a 3 amp.. Is there something else I should be looking for?

thanks for the help.

I do believe that some codes (not always ones that light the SES light) can cause the cruise to quit until the code is cleared... Cannot remember if all the codes in question show up on a generic code scanner or not...

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
There are a dozen or so issues/codes and one fuse that can suppress the cruise control. I've posted them a few times on the other site. Perhaps even here. That said, it's usually a hair-trigger brake light switch that stops them from working.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
My 03 was intermittently losing cam signal and it would cut off cruise. It would store a p0340 but not turn on the CEL. After testing/replacing the cam sensor the cruise worked flawlessly.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shinystar696

Members Online