Corsa 14030

Envoy_04

Original poster
Jul 1, 2013
Well, its about time I finally get around to hacking off the trashcan on my Envoy, people are starting to look at me weird cause it rattles so loud at idle. :redface:

I have seen Dad-O-Matic and I believe barron03 have a really good looking setup.

View attachment 30079

This is a Corsa 14030 kit, and it's pricey at about $295!! :eek: I have found em on eBay, however, brand new for $140. Still pricey, but a price I am wiling to pay for a top quality product (plus I can't find ANY other tips for less that are side exit swept tips like this that look good like this).

View attachment 30080

Does anyone else have these? Are you happy with them, and do they hold up well (the chroming not peeling or anything)? There's not many left for $140 on eBay, I gotta act fast (within a day or so). Thanks for speedy replies in advance!

Attachments

• CAM00007.jpg
    CAM00007.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 62
  • corsa_14030.jpg
    corsa_14030.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 361

Charley12

Mar 23, 2013
Such a beautiful set up! Looks great!! I have not had this one in particular but have had corsa products in the past and they are very high quality and I never had a rust/ corrosion problem and I live in OH! At that price is buy one to if I weren't doing a complete suspension overhaul!

Envoy_04

Original poster
Jul 1, 2013
Charley12 said:
Such a beautiful set up! Looks great!! I have not had this one in particular but have had corsa products in the past and they are very high quality and I never had a rust/ corrosion problem and I live in OH! At that price is buy one to if I weren't doing a complete suspension overhaul!

I'm thinking more and more that I'm gonna do this. It eases my mind that someone living where road salt is used a lot hasnt had a problem with corrosion. :thumbsup:

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Thanks for the find. I, too, will be ripping the can off soon. As far as salt goes, MN, you have to either stay off the roads when wet with salt or wash it regularly, no way around this. I've been lucky enough the past few winters that my route is one of the last to be cleared from snow and salted:wootwoot:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Playsinsnow said:
I, too, will be ripping the can off soon

Finally :rotfl:

Too bad they do not have a setup for rear exit. I am not a fan of the side swept, but your setup looks good. Do you have a pic further back from your Voy? I hope that chrome stays that shiny.

Envoy_04

Original poster
Jul 1, 2013
Charley12 said:
I did see these kits on EBay, it says they are for Tahoe Yukon application though...

I saw what they said they were for but didn't pay much attention, from what I've been able to find it has to be put on at a shop where they can fit the 3 inch down to our 2.75 inch pipe. The local exhaust shop owner and I are friends, so this isnt a big deal for me. :biggrin:

Playsinsnow said:
Thanks for the find. I, too, will be ripping the can off soon. As far as salt goes, MN, you have to either stay off the roads when wet with salt or wash it regularly, no way around this. I've been lucky enough the past few winters that my route is one of the last to be cleared from snow and salted:wootwoot:

When winter comes here I usually just go into washing mode to try and keep the salt from eating away at my vehicle. Its the only time I will go to an automatic car wash instead of hand washing too, so I can get that full under body rinse as I drive in.:thumbsup:

dmanns67 said:
... Do you have a pic further back from your Voy? I hope that chrome stays that shiny.

I haven't done this yet, but am about to. I searched for pics of this setup from farther back and different angles but got nothing. The chrome will probably stay shiny because knowing me, I'll probably polish it all the time! :crazy:

Dad-O-Matic

Dec 5, 2011
I haven't had any problem with mine, they're a quality product. I got mine from Ebay too, about $140 if I recall. Just know that they are NOT bolt on. You'll have to cut off about 6-8" (if i recall correctly) and weld it to the to the existing pipe at the hanger.

Envoy_04

Original poster
Jul 1, 2013
Dad-O-Matic said:
I haven't had any problem with mine, they're a quality product. I got mine from Ebay too, about $140 if I recall. Just know that they are NOT bolt on. You'll have to cut off about 6-8" (if i recall correctly) and weld it to the to the existing pipe at the hanger.

That's sort of what I was expecting, but I'm glad you could confirm it for me! I've got a friend at the local exhaust shop, so any cutting or bending is gonna be done by a professional. :thumbsup: Is there any way you could post a pic of your setup showing how/where its cut and welded on? I'd really appreciate it!

PennTB02

Jan 26, 2012
Envoy_04 said:
This is a Corsa 14030 kit, and it's pricey at about $295!! :eek: I have found em on eBay, however, brand new for $140. Still pricey, but a price I am wiling to pay f!

Can you buy just the tip for less than $140 ?

Since you are friends with the guy at the muffler shop and he is going to have to adapt the adapter why not have him bend a correct pipe and either flare or neck down only once?

Envoy_04

Original poster
Jul 1, 2013
PennTB02 said:
Can you buy just the tip for less than $140 ?

Since you are friends with the guy at the muffler shop and he is going to have to adapt the adapter why not have him bend a correct pipe and either flare or neck down only once?

I've looked, but the tip by itself doesn't look quite the same plus its still more expensive! Crazy!!

I plan on letting my friend see the kit once I've got it, then I'll actually have something to see and have to put up next to the truck and I'll go from there. I may have him custom bend a pipe as you suggested, but it'll all ultimately come down to what he thinks will be best.

Dad-O-Matic

Dec 5, 2011
dmanns67 said:
I hope that chrome stays that shiny.

It might be shiny under all that soot. :redface:

n91EsCXYLZEAyPa66GXw8qJy0DpB_pAOi6IuvnUEyw8=w154-h116-p-no

PennTB02 said:

Ti's really not that bad. The inside diameter of the adapter and the outside diameter of the tailpipe are almost an exact match, so it slips right over. If I have time at lunch, I'll try and get a pic of the setup.

Envoy_04

Original poster
Jul 1, 2013
Dad-O-Matic said:
It might be shiny under all that soot. :redface:

n91EsCXYLZEAyPa66GXw8qJy0DpB_pAOi6IuvnUEyw8=w154-h116-p-no

If I have time at lunch, I'll try and get a pic of the setup.

I shine tailpipes like crazy, the resonator on moms Voy is even polished. :biggrin: mine, however, was painted black by the PO, looks and sounds horrible. :no:

That would be really cool :thumbsup: Thanks so much!

Envoy_04

Original poster
Jul 1, 2013
Woohoo! eBay seller just accepted my offer of $120! Gonna cost $19.90 to get it shipped, so all together I've got $140 in a brand new $300 exhaust tip kit! :wootwoot: Can't wait to get this bad boy here and on the Voy!

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Envoy_04 said:
Woohoo! eBay seller just accepted my offer of $120! Gonna cost $19.90 to get it shipped, so all together I've got $140 in a brand new $300 exhaust tip kit! :wootwoot: Can't wait to get this bad boy here and on the Voy!

Did your kit arrive yet? Looking forward to seeing some pics after the install :thumbsup:

Envoy_04

Original poster
Jul 1, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Did your kit arrive yet? Looking forward to seeing some pics after the install :thumbsup:

The kit ought to get to the house tomorrow. I'm really excited, but I won't even get to see the thing until next weekend cause I'm in Morgantown now. :frown: I'll have pics of it when the weekend rolls around, but it'll probably be a couple weeks before I can get time to have the Voy back home to my buddy's shop so we can put it on. I'm still working on golf carts for a couple guys, got one with the motor out of it, so the coming weekend is out cause I'm gonna have to get them finished, tested, and back to their owners, which will likely take all weekend. Why the heck did school have to start at such an inconvenient time?!?! I'll keep this updated with pics as soon as I get em! :thumbsup:

Envoy_04

Original poster
Jul 1, 2013
Finally, I have a Corsa 14030 kit in my possession! Well, sort of... It's at home and the Voy and I are two hours away, but I at least have pics!! Dad took some and sent em to me when he got home. :cool:

View attachment 30284

View attachment 30285

View attachment 30286

View attachment 30287

The instructions (Yea right, who uses those when the kit isn't even going on what it was intended for? :rotfl:) and the hardware were in the box too. I cant wait to get this thing on the Voy, There are smudges from the packaging on the tip, but even with that it's so shiny!

Attachments

• DSCF1553.jpg
    DSCF1553.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF1554.jpg
    DSCF1554.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF1555.jpg
    DSCF1555.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF1557.jpg
    DSCF1557.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 26

Dad-O-Matic

Dec 5, 2011
Sorry I haven't had a chance to get pics, but here is how the muffler guy modified the pipe IIRC. Of course you can cut it shorter so that the hanger comes off too, it'll just move it closer to the wheel well. I'm can't remember which end the tip goes on, that's why the ? on that end, but i'm pretty sure that's the right end.

View attachment 30302

Attachments

• DSCF1557.jpg
    DSCF1557.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 30

Envoy_04

Original poster
Jul 1, 2013
Thanks! :thumbsup: Now I've just got to wait til I have time to start cutting. I'm probably going to cut it and dry fit it all up myself, then all I'll have to do is swing by the exhaust shop and have it welded up. Im really excited now, I just might get this done this weekend if I can work it in, I'll have to see. :undecided:

Envoy_04

Original poster
Jul 1, 2013
Well, today I got the Corsa kit put on, I love how it looks! Overall, there's not much sound difference, I do notice a slight drone at certain RPMs though, and on startup when the Voy is cold it drones a little until it hits the normal idle speed as it warms up. The droning is no big deal, however, the noise at highway speeds of 70 or so and at 55-60 seem to still the same as before, so I will very rarely ever hear the difference I think. After I've driven it a few more days plus after my trip back to Morgantown tomorrow I'll know for sure and have a report on the droning situation. :biggrin: I really think I won't even notice it under normal conditions, I was just listening extra hard today. Best of all, there is no terrible looking resonator hanging back there to rattle all the time! :thumbsup: Now, onto the pics!

View attachment 30554

View attachment 30555

View attachment 30556

View attachment 30557

Ended up actually having the shop bend a custom section of pipe to weld in at the hanger and flare it to the tip, it worked out a whole lot better and made a cleaner install than using the pipe that was in the kit.

Attachments

• voy4.jpg
    voy4.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 27
  • voy3.jpg
    voy3.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 27
  • voy2.jpg
    voy2.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 28
  • voy1.jpg
    voy1.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 30

Envoy_04

Original poster
Jul 1, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Looks very clean! :thumbsup: I was not a fan of side exit exhaust, but your setup has changed my mind.

Thanks!

I was 100% sure I was going to go rear exit when I first decided to get rid of the resonator, until I saw this kit on Dad-O-Matic's Envoy. I had thought side exit on an Envoy or TB just looked bad, from the rear you could see too much of the pipe bends and such. To say the least, this setup changed my mind too!

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Very clean install,nice job. I'm not a big fan of side exit either but I agree this looks pretty sweet.

triz

Apr 22, 2013
That looks really good. :thumbsup:I need to get rid of my can its hideous.

Envoy_04

Original poster
Jul 1, 2013
Well, here's the official report on sound difference :biggrin:

At low RPMs and when under load in Overdrive the engine makes not quite a drone, more like a low growl or bellow. This doesn't bother me too badly since it always did that anyhow after I gutted the cat, it is only slightly louder now.

At 1500-1700 RPM there is the same low growl, at about 47-55 MPH. Again, not too bad, only a slight change from what I was used to. At most speeds, including highway speeds, there is no noticeable difference in sound.

On startup there is a drone until the engine warms up and idle speed reaches normal. Idle sounds REALLY good!

dannyoaks

Sep 17, 2013
So by removing the meth lab from under your envoy the sound doesnt change? Im really interested in this because i, like many others, think a 55 gallon drum with a limp wiener hanging off it is hideous. I love that my envoy is so quiet, ive even added some dyna mat in strategic areas to make it super quiet. Is the sound noticably louder or will my truck remain whisper quiet? Im only refering to in cabin noise, it can be as loud as it wants to be on the outside, as long as i cant hear it inside.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
dannyoaks said:
I, like many others, think a 55 gallon drum with a limp wiener hanging off it is hideous.

:rotfl:

Never heard the trash can described in such beautiful words lol. The can definitely needs to go. I cannot speak for the Corsa tip, but after I hacked my trash can off I did notice a slight difference in exhaust frequency. It was more of a low pitched rumble. If you want to clean up the rear end and have a better exhaust tone, then cut the 55 gallon drum with the limp wiener off :rotfl:

Envoy_04

Original poster
Jul 1, 2013
Danny,

I noticed a little noise difference as I described in the post just above yours, but I cannot speak surely about how yours will sound. I have a catless exhaust and a cold air intake, so that changed the sound even before I got rid of the 55 gallon drum with the limp weiner. :biggrin: I did however drive a used Trailblazer at the local dealership that had the res delete before I did my Envoy, and though I didn't really get to do enough driving to really say there was no difference, I couldn't hear one. Like dmanns said, if you want to clean up the back of the vehicle, go for it because its definitely worth it. :thumbsup:

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
That's close to the nicest dual tip exhaust I have seen on one of these :undecided: I like that a lot. Any chance for a sound clip? :biggrin:

Envoy_04

Original poster
Jul 1, 2013
Playsinsnow said:
That's close to the nicest dual tip exhaust I have seen on one of these :undecided: I like that a lot. Any chance for a sound clip? :biggrin:

I've been meaning to do that actually and post it here, I just cant get it done this week, I had a little incident :redface: Leaving Morgantown last Friday a Subaru stopped in the bumper to bumper traffic in front of me, I mean a sudden and complete STOP. I did the same, but I still tapped her rear bumper doing about 1 MPH, didn't even damage my front license plate or her rear bumper, but the car behind me went right and got my right taillight and skinned my bumper up pretty good, and the car behind him slammed right into the hitch receiver. (Which I just painted a month or so ago, it was so nice and shiny!! :hissyfit:)

Everyone was fine, the guy in the car that hit my bumper got the worst of it though, his left front fender was trashed and his mirror, which got my taillight, was busted. The car that hit my hitch had a little place on the front bumper, but as those of you who've gotten rear ended in the hitch before will know, my hitch didn't even get damaged. The Voy is back home at the body shop so the bumper can be fixed. I got a new taillight from the local dealer at cost (the parts guy knows my dad, we've bought vehicles there for years). I'll try to get a sound clip as soon as I can though, I hope it will be sometime next week.

View attachment 30896

It came darn close to getting that exhaust tip, but fortunately it never even touched it!

Attachments

• voywreck.jpg
    voywreck.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 21

Envoy_04

Original poster
Jul 1, 2013
Playsinsnow said:

I didn't forget about the sound clip, things have just been crazy busy lately at school, plus the Envoy being away for a while didn't help things. Good news is I got it back from the body shop, and it looks good as new! I'm pretty picky when it comes to paint, but I have to say my body shop guy did an awesome job on the bumper, If anyone ever happens to be in the Parkersburg WV area and needing paint work I'd recommend Allman's Body Shop. :thumbsup:

Okay, now to the important stuff, a sound clip!

[video=youtube_share;4CdLXHF2YgE]http://youtu.be/4CdLXHF2YgE[/video]

This video was shot inside the edge of a metal shed, there is a slight reverberation of noise off the walls, but not much. This is a cold start of the Envoy, the idle, once you hear it idle down, is about 1000 RPM. I didn't rev it up except once or do anything harsh because it was, well, a cold engine. I'll make another video as soon as I get the chance where the vehicle is warmed up to normal operating temps and idle of 630 RPM, and I'll rev it a couple times and show different RPM range sounds. IMO, it sounds waaaaay better after it reaches operating temperature, it has an ever so slight drone (to me) when it's cold. Video was shot with my phone.

dannyoaks

Sep 17, 2013
Looks excellent, can't tell much about the sound, considering you recorded it with a phone and I was trying to hear it from a phone. I can't wait to hear it at different rpms, could it be possible to get an interior sound clip as you drive it around? Super interested in doing the exact same thing to my envoy

Envoy_04

Original poster
Jul 1, 2013
dannyoaks said:
Looks excellent, can't tell much about the sound, considering you recorded it with a phone and I was trying to hear it from a phone. I can't wait to hear it at different rpms, could it be possible to get an interior sound clip as you drive it around? Super interested in doing the exact same thing to my envoy

The recording on my phone really surprised me, it's actually not too bad for what it is, better than some of the youtube vids I've seen out there describing the sound of the resonator cut off. Try watching it and listening on a computer, it may help. I'll work on getting another video up of the sound at operating temp hopefully in the next few days, as well as some sounds from driving around, though I think you may be disappointed there, as the only thing I think you'll notice will be the sound differences under mild to hard acceleration, and the ever so slight roar at certain sustained RPMs.

Also note, if you cut the resonator off of your Envoy it WILL sound different from mine in nearly every way, likely a good bit tamer. Having no cat inline in the exhaust made a LOT of the sound difference you hear in mine, the resonator being gone just let it be a little bit more noticeable. I also have a full CAI system, which eliminates the intake resonator as well, which will make the interior sound you hear when I record mine deceiving.

dannyoaks

Sep 17, 2013
Ok with those mods it would be a good deal noisier than mine, I'm not wanting any performance gains from cutting my resonator off, I just want the 55 gallon drum gone from under my truck. Some members have suggested replacing it with a smaller glass pack type muffler just to keep it quieter. I think I'm going to go that route

Envoy_04

Original poster
Jul 1, 2013
dannyoaks said:
Ok with those mods it would be a good deal noisier than mine, I'm not wanting any performance gains from cutting my resonator off, I just want the 55 gallon drum gone from under my truck. Some members have suggested replacing it with a smaller glass pack type muffler just to keep it quieter. I think I'm going to go that route

Funny thing is, I started off with just a couple small mods, then it kind of escalated from there to having a pretty fully modded Envoy (and still going) lol. Trust me, this obsession doesn't end.

Looks like you've done your homework on the removal :thumbsup:. Performance gains don't happen from the exhaust resonator delete, it is an aesthetic improvement mostly, and also an auditory one, and some have used small glasspacks in place of the resonator. In full stock form, removing the resonator has very little change on the sound of the vehicle, IMO. You could always cut off the resonator and try it, and if you don't like it then go the glasspack route.

Envoy_04

Original poster
Jul 1, 2013
Got a sound clip recorded today of the idle and a couple revs at operating temperature, also not inside a shed, so the sound isn't deceiving.

[video=youtube_share;XXiy6ZzqmlM]http://youtu.be/XXiy6ZzqmlM[/video]

Sorry about the shakiness, I was trying to use a decorative rock from beside the driveway to prop up the phone, lol. There are a couple muffled spots in the audio where the mic had to readjust, but they only last for a second or two.

I think it sounds pretty good at idle, has a nice little grumble to it but it's not too loud. Definitely sounds better once warm and idled down than cold like in the other video, IMO. Tried some driving around video to capture sound, but it didn't turn out well at all, so I ditched the idea. There really is no difference inside unless you're really in the throttle or you're hearing the slight drone at sustained operation in the 1500-1700 RPM range. Hope you all enjoy, and as always, let me know what you think.

EDIT: Watched the video again and thought of a couple things:

1) My Envoy is filthy. A bath is high on the priority list, but it just couldn't happen today :frown:

2) I am making a really stupid face when I walk back around the corner of the Envoy to get the camera. The sun was in my eyes, needed some shades to be able to see. :cool:

Envoy_04

Original poster
Jul 1, 2013
I figured I'd stop by this thread and drop a note about how the Corsa tip is holding up throughout all this salt and nasty weather that I've been driving in. The tip is still as shiny once you wash it as it was the day it was new! No rust, pitting, corrosion, or anything of the like. I did notice that the exhaust is finally turning the shiny part INSIDE the tips first a yellow and now a dark black color that I can't get to wash off anymore. I fully expected this to happen, and it is normal. With the right cleaners and time I could get it to come back to shiny I'm sure, but I'm not super worried about it - I've never seen the inside of a tailpipe clean on anything but a new car.

I also noticed the last time I washed it by hand that special attention must be paid to the paint above where the tip exits because exhaust crud builds up in a yellowish haze on the paint. It will come off with good washing, but the key to getting it off of there is to keep it washed off of there very well every time you wash it - I think that prolonged buildup would be hard if not impossible to get off of the paint. On a normal TB/Voy this and maybe even the soot on the inside might not be such a bad problem, on mine I think the uncatalyzed exhaust may be causing it.

As of now, my opinion is: Yes, there is some extra maintenance required with keeping the paint above the tip clean, but that is a very easy problem to solve. Keeping the tip itself shiny has proven thus far to be a maintenance free task, just wash it well with the same soapy water you use for your vehicle and then dry it along with the vehicle so it doesn't water spot. All in all, I am very pleased still with the tip, it is a great quality product and something I'd buy and do again in a heartbeat if I had another TB/Voy.

Envoy_04

Original poster
Jul 1, 2013
dmanns67 said:

Not this time, but definitely after I can give it a good handwash. I'm a little ashamed of how dirty it is again at the moment - the rain this weekend hasn't been conducive to washing it either. :frown:

illy

Jan 2, 2014
tried to find one of these for my TB, but the price has doubled, so thats not going to happen

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seeridhanoa

Members Online