color matched envoy headlight housings.

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
eutechnyx said:
Ill be ordering new headlights to put in while I mess with these old ones. The lenses on these old ones have spider cracks and look really bad up close. Good thing is the inside parts ill be painting I can transfer over to the new ones so I'm not doing the work twice. These lenses have already been opened once.
OK - I'm about 18 months late to the party. But I didn't see any new pics in your profile so I wasn't sure. Besides, I had a few minutes (but only 1 hand so the image is far from perfect).

What about something like this? I would not paint the reflector but you could paint the lip that comes from the front. As you can see, I did the driver's side here: I colored the assembly, tried to make it look like a clear corner lamp, and tinted the fog. Personally I thought that all green was too much.

green-envoy1.jpg

x0duke0x

Feb 17, 2014
Since we are taking about the headlights... Has anyone ever thought to retrofit the head lights.... BUT in a way you remove all the chrome and trimming inside the housing and redesign the placement of the what would be projector setup. Maybe using fiberglass and molding it differently and use paint afterwards?

Reactions: dmanns67 and Mounce

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
No one's done a retrofit quite that extensive. ConeKilrAutoX had the only somewhat recent retrofit that I remember on a Voy. I know if you wanted to do a quad retrofit, you'd definitely have to make some custom bracketry to align them side by side, instead of vertically, and then create a new bezel piece to fit over it. Would be quite an undertaking, but pretty damn cool to pull off.

eutechnyx

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
So this is a REALLY old post from be but I'm having a set of retrofits done very soon from a member on here so back to this idea. I'm taking apart an old lens this weekend to color match the bezel piece, still unsure if I want to tint the side markers or leave them clear. I will have examples to post asap.

Reactions: dmanns67

eutechnyx

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
I'm really thinking color matched will look great. Worst part is getting them actually matching because the body has pearl in the clear, the paint I have here does not.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljoh.sl6

Members Online

No members online now.