Codes p0740 p0785 p01860

Chevytruck

Original poster
Mar 21, 2022
South carolina
I have a 2000 chevy silverado 1500 LS with a 5.3L automatic. I have the codes p0740 p0785 p1860. When running and “driving” it has those three plus p0753 and p0758. It is stuck in 3rd gear and its in limp mode. I rebuilt the transmission and drove it about 45 mins to a friends house, everything was fine. Went to get back in it and drive thats when i noticed it was stuck in 3rd and the check engine light was throwing codes. I done everything right with the trans, so the first thing i thought to do was replace the transmission wiring harness in the rebuilt transmission, checked all the solenoids and they were fine. I started searching and seen that the ignition switch could be the problem by creating an open circuit. I changed that next, cleared the codes still the same thing. Then I unplugged the battery for a couple hours to reset everything as well, still got the same codes thrown. Ran the wires and checked for a broken wire, bare wire, or pinched wire but there werent any. Checked all the fuses both under the hood and in the truck, none were blown and there were power at those as well. Checked to see if there was power at the transmission plug (from truck) through the pink wire that powers the Solenoids it had 11 voltage. Not sure what else to do at this moment.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: mrrsm

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
This Read should also prove Very Helpful:

Forum Statistics

Threads