Cluster dummy light

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
Ok so how does this dummy light work on my cluster for oil ?
Does it light up if im low by a certain amount ? Does it also light up if it's time to change the oil ? Since iv owned the truck I always change it right @ 3k there has been many times the oil still looks great but iv just always stuck with 3k changes.

Dec 16, 2011
Ghost said:
Ok so how does this dummy light work on my cluster for oil ?
Does it light up if im low by a certain amount ? Does it also light up if it's time to change the oil ? Since iv owned the truck I always change it right @ 3k there has been many times the oil still looks great but iv just always stuck with 3k changes.

It lights up when it's time to change the oil. This is the third or fourth GM vehicle I've had with this feature, and it has never steered me wrong. The 3000 mile rule was invented by people trying to sell oil changes and has no basis in reality.

As your owner's manual will tell you, you need to check your oil level visually.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Please sit down every night for a few days and read the entire Owner's Manual cover to cover. Please. As I used to post on trailvoy, you will enjoy a longer and more satisfying relationship with your vehicle that way. :wink:

pscap.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spellman1989

Members Online