SUPPORT Cannot Access Site with New ISP (T-Mobile Home Internet)

gpking

Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
I recently got hooked up with Internet service after running off my phone's hostspot for years ('cuz I was poor). Now I cannot access gmtnation.com on any device connected to my new home network. I can still access gmtnation.com on my cell's hotspot (how I'm typing this). This is the only site I've found I cannot access and I'm not blocking/filtering anything internally.

Both my ISP and cell service are through T-Mobile. My public IPv4 address is dynamic and always seems to fall in their 172.58.188.0/23 block.

Any ideas why I'm having issues now? Thanks!

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
I'm probably telling you something you already know, but the issue is likely farther up, at the head-end. T-Mob might be using whitelisting (as an ISP, I'd find blacklisting easier to maintain, honestly, although whitelisting is 'safer').

Are they your cell provider, as well? If not -- turn off Wi-fi on your cell, and see if it'll connect via cellular (non-hotspot).

You may need to whitelist this site in your home router, as well; it's worth a try.
Are you *sure* you don't have DHCP issued? Your router will confirm this, as well. I'd be surprised if you don't have a leased address.

If none of that works, I got nothing else, offhand. Fingers crossed.

Upvote 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Try entering this site's IP in your browser's address bar, which is 216.117.161.91 . You might get a security warning, just ignore it and keep going to the site. Maybe it's an issue with the DNS you're using not having the proper name resolution.

Upvote 0

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
No issue with tmobile home internet for me. Just got it early January. GMTN site has seemingly done an update recently which changed the looks for mobile browsing at least is all I've noticed.

Have seen people complain about it not working with a VPN but that doesn't sound like your issue.

Upvote 0

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Im wondering if he can ping both the IP address and our named address is a CMD prompt.

Upvote 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Here's an idea. Clear out your cookies and cache.

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online