NEED HELP Can’t program keyfobs something to do with replaced rear hatch

Jfarmer08

Original poster
Mar 31, 2020
Harford County
My truck battery ran dead last night getting it started again My keyfobs Program I’ve looked at all the YouTube videos about turning the ignition switch on and off a couple times then pressing the unlock and lock on the keyfobs simultaneously. It’s not working and I believe it has something to do with rear hatch door that’s been replaced. You can tell they rigged it up pretty sloppily so I’m not sure if the door actually ever locked. I cannot lock it with the button on the door either. So I’m not sure what the used car dealer did to get it temporarily working but I am at a loss. I saw something about replacing some type of module that’s in the door or goes to the door. I suspect that is where the problem lies. the door open does not show open on my dash. So That sort of debunks my theory with it fouling it up, except for the fact that I cannot get the door locked or may never have been able to lock it??? I’m at a loss anyone can help with this head scratcher it would greatly be appreciated!

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Welcome to GMT Nation…

Give this Technique a Try:

The 2003 Chevy Trailblazer came standard with a Remote Key-Less Entry Fob. You can use this fob to unlock and lock your Trailblazer's doors. After replacing the remote fob's battery, you might need to res-synchronize the remote to the Trailblazer by reprogramming it. You might also need to program a remote if you've lost the original. Only a remote key fob specifically made for the Trailblazer will synchronize with the vehicle. The best place to obtain this remote is at a Chevrolet dealership.

Step 1

Shut your Trailblazer's doors. Put your key in the ignition. Don't turn the key.

Step 2

Push the "Unlock" switch on the door. Hold the button down.

Turn the key rapidly through the following sequence: "On," "Off," "On," "Off."

Step 4

Release the "Unlock" switch. At this time, you'll hear the door locks cycle.

Press the "Unlock" and "Lock" buttons on the remote at the same time. Hold the buttons down for up to 30 seconds, or until the door locks cycle again. This remote is programmed to the Trailblazer. If you need to program a spare, hold the "Lock" and "Unlock" buttons on it as well. Turn the ignition to "On" then back to "Off."

Excerpted from:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Hi and welcome!

Sounds like there may be an issue with the liftgate module. Does the rear wiper work? What about the rear defog?

If the rear door lock actuator has been replaced (sloppily as you say), check the wiring as it is directly connected to the liftgate module. Try disconnecting it to see if the module comes back to life.

Reactions: Redbeard and mrrsm

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Also... The Insulated Tube and Grommet that houses the Lift Gate Module Power and Class 2 Wiring in between the upper roof of the SUV and the Gate itself servicing the Wiper Motor and Window Latch can conceal 'work hardened' Broken Wires as depicted by images provided by @jsheahawk from this Thread. Careful Solder Repair using slip-on Auto Grade Shrink Tubing for insulation and NOT using Electrician's Tape and Wire Nuts is the best way to repair the problem:

jsheahawk-liftgate2.jpgjsheahawk-liftgate1.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianhvac

Members Online