Bumper sagging

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Front or rear?

Corners or middle?

We gotta train you better how to describe a problem. :biggrin:

Front corners are held up by a slotted thingie glued to the bumper cover that goes over a metal mushroom thingie on the edge of the fender sheet metal. See if that's it.

If not, you typically take the bumper cover off using the screws and plastic pins cleverly hidden around it, and then see what's broken/bent/ripped off.

warriorpluto

Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
the roadie said:
Front or rear?

Corners or middle?

We gotta train you better how to describe a problem. :biggrin:

Front corners are held up by a slotted thingie glued to the bumper cover that goes over a metal mushroom thingie on the edge of the fender sheet metal. See if that's it.

If not, you typically take the bumper cover off using the screws and plastic pins cleverly hidden around it, and then see what's broken/bent/ripped off.

Oh on the drivers side on the corner by turn signal. You see the gap?

warriorpluto

Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
the roadie said:
Yep, it's the slotted thingie. Jumped off the mushroom or the plastic tore off the back of the bumper cover. Take it off and repair, or remove the wheel well lining and look from inside.

Oh on thanks I'll take a look at it but what if it needs to be replaced.how much does the plastic piece usually run?

warriorpluto

Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
the roadie said:
Aftermarket $350 primered and then you have to pay who knows how much to get it painted. $750+ for OEM. Plus installation if you don't DIY.

If the clips beak I have to get a new bumper?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I took mine off and threw it away, so I've never had to repair one. I've read there are epoxies that may work through the immense temperature extremes involved. No personal experience. YMMV. Consult a professional.

warriorpluto

Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
the roadie said:
I took mine off and threw it away, so I've never had to repair one. I've read there are epoxies that may work through the immense temperature extremes involved. No personal experience. YMMV. Consult a professional.

I'll see how bad it is. Any good aftermarket bumpers that are a different design? Cosmetic wise?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online