Brush Guard Installation question?

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Hey all! Well today I went to purchase a Brush Guard for my TB which is the Bull Bars model. As the guy was about to start working on it he said he'll need to do some installation for brackets on the chassis then hook the bull bars on them.

Call me stupid but if it were made for the TB wouldn't it be a direct bolt on without any drilling? :undecided: I put the purchase on hold so I can consult my fellows here at GMTNATION :tongue:

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
One would think but somebody will chime in that ha prolly installed it

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
My brushguard used existing holes which the brackets fit. The bull bar/brushguard is kinda one fits most and the brackets are what makes them direct fit. I dont think any are one piece TB specific.

tbuckalew14

Nov 20, 2011
fadyasha said:
Hey all! Well today I went to purchase a Brush Guard for my TB which is the Bull Bars model. As the guy was about to start working on it he said he'll need to do some installation for brackets on the chassis then hook the bull bars on them.

Call me stupid but if it were made for the TB wouldn't it be a direct bolt on without any drilling? :undecided: I put the purchase on hold so I can consult my fellows here at GMTNATION :tongue:

If it's anything like the grill guard I have...It should have come with 2 brackets. These brackets bolt into factory drilled holes on your chassis....then the guard itself bolts onto the brackets. I can post pictures of mine when I get home from work. Should be something you can do in the driveway with a buddy(to help hold the guard while you bolt it on).

Numbnutz

Dec 11, 2011
The one I have came with the brackets that bolted to holes already in the frame....it was all very easy to install

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
I knew I could count on u guys!! Exactly my point! The brackets should fit directly on factory drilled holes and not for the guy to drill his own!

I'm glad I stopped him in time, another guy which is about 300 miles away has direct bolt on bull guards for our TBs.

Guess will wait Til I have a trip down that side next week!

If I can get photos on the setup that would be great tbuckalew14!

tbuckalew14

Nov 20, 2011
This is a picture from the drivers side. Worst case you will have to remove or notch out the front air dam(is that what it's called?)...the bottom piece of the front fascia. I removed mine.

100_0376.jpg

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
tbuckalew14 said:
This is a picture from the drivers side. Worst case you will have to remove or notch out the front air dam(is that what it's called?)...the bottom piece of the front fascia. I removed mine.

100_0376.jpg

Thanks it's much more clear now :smile: it wouldn't be a bad idea if you could post a pick of the guard itself :wink:

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Got the guard installed today! Here's a teaser during installation ! Wil get some more up later

c4d3cdf0.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325606756.645559.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325606756.645559.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 55

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
tbuckalew14 said:
looks good. Did you find someone that could do it without drilling anything?

Thanks guys! Yeh the same guy 300 miles away with a factory fit! My wife and daughter are coming thursday so today was my only chance!

So call me crazy I drove 300 miles this morning, got it installed and drove back another 300 miles :s

Talk about a mod bug hitting u pretty hard to do that lol!

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Here's another after getting home, but used my iPhone cam so the halo projectors aren't really showing lol

ff8601a4.jpg

and one this morning

photo1s-1.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online