Broken Quick Connect

Eric04

Original poster
Dec 3, 2014
West Michigan
Hello all. So the rust on my Trailblazer has been kicking my tail on the fuel pump replacement. First with the rear tank strap bolt doing the free spin, now with the fuel connectors rust welded to the pump. The fittings crumbled off the top of the pump, no surprise, but I wasn't prepared for how seized they'd be once I freed the clips. After a lot of swearing i freed one of them but got overzealous on the second and took a chunk of the corner off the quick connect. Which brings me to the question: can I source a new one? The interwebs have been less than forthcoming with information so I'm hoping someone here has done something similarly careless and has some insight. The fitting in question is the one not pictured below. Thanks!
20200924_190129.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: Matt and Eric04

Eric04

Original poster
Dec 3, 2014
West Michigan
Thanks, Moose. I have one or two decent parts stores(non big box)near me, so I'll take a stab with them at cobbling something from Dorman together. It's a short section of line on top of the tank and I thought the factory sites may show it as a single piece but no dice. Dorman will beat gluing the corner back on. 😜

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online