Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Update:
Date and location has been chosen.

Saturday October 20, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Buffalo Wild Wings
1550 East Wooster Street
Bowling Green, OH 43402

Well, after our last meet here in Columbus, OH back in August, some of us were talking about making the next meet closer to the western side of the state, so Indiana folks wouldn't have such a far drive... I've been shooting some ideas around with Jeff (jrSS), and i think we've come up with some good ideas.. We were first thinking Toledo, but for some it would be just too far of a drive for a one day type meet...

so we came up with Bowling Green, Ohio... It's approximately 2 hours away from me in Lorain County, 2 hours away from Fort Wayne, IN, 2 and a half hours away from Akron, OH, 2 hours and 15 minutes away from Columbus, OH, 2 hours and 15 minutes away from Dayton, 2 hours and 15 minutes away from Lansing, MI, and less then 2 hours from anywhere South of Ann Arbor, MI... we were thinking October 20th... These are just rough guesses on travel time.. all i did was Google Map Lorain, OH to Bowling Green, OH, and so on, and so forth... Maybe Christian (Code Red) or my brother Josh (JosueLT) can spread the word on 355nation.net and make it a joint or i should say, a GMT meet... im not familiar with anything in Bowling Green, but im sure there are QS&L there, or BW3's, or gathering facilities of the like...

what does everyone or anyone think???

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Now remember...only if my funds allow me to go (wife :wink:) so I should beable to go. Lol

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
jrSS said:
Now remember...only if my funds allow me to go (wife :wink:) so I should beable to go. Lol

and if i can get my vacation time :crackup:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Damn, I am feeling left out here. I think you replaced me as Jeff's go to text guy. :sadcry:

I am game, provided I am free. I may even turn it into a weekend with a trip to Cedar Point for the All Hallows Weekend.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I'll try to make it.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Regulator said:
Damn, I am feeling left out here. I think you replaced me as Jeff's go to text guy. :sadcry:

I am game, provided I am free. I may even turn it into a weekend with a trip to Cedar Point for the All Hallows Weekend.

Lol. Matt I have more than one friend u know. U knew about us maybe having a meet the same time I did in columbus. I know you'll go. :grouphug:

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
i wouldnt be able to go since its a one day deal being its four hours away for me a gas prices hovering around 4 dollars a gallon :sadcry:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I can drag my arse out there! If it was in Ft Wayne, I'd spend the night. :biggrin:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
I'm good as long as it's not on the 6th or 7th. :thumbsup:

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
ok, sounds like a plan in the making then.. now i just gotta check what kinda places are around there... or if the college has some nice surrounding scenery...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Depending on the day and all I might be able to. My best friend is getting married that month and I'm best man in it, so that takes priority.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Boricua SS said:
now i just gotta check what kinda places are around there
Doesn't look like much. (as far as places with a decent lot) The best I could find is this...

Buffalo Wild Wings
1550 East Wooster Street
Bowling Green, OH 43402

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Sparky said:
Depending on the day and all I might be able to. My best friend is getting married that month and I'm best man in it, so that takes priority.

I wouldn't expect you to come if you're the best man at a wedding :duh::rotfl:..

BO TIE SS said:
Doesn't look like much. (as far as places with a decent lot) The best I could find is this...

Buffalo Wild Wings
1550 East Wooster Street
Bowling Green, OH 43402

I'm at work right now, so I'll fire up the laptop when I get home and check things out so we can get a sticky going on this and make it official.. but that's what I was thinkin.. either QS&L, Winking Lizard, BW3's, etc... somethin along those lines w/decent parking

edit: just looked up what Sam posted... looks like its a newly opened restaurant... (went on BW3's website and it said *NEW, next to this restaurant).. soooo.. it sounds like we have a winner?? shall we make it official?

October 20th and meet at say.. 1ish.. or does noon work for everyone like the last one? this will be the last meet of the year for me.. as the beaSSt will be dropped off at the dealership for the winter...so what does everyone think?

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
that would be awesome if some of the chi town guys made the trip out...

so shall we make this official folks? Oct 20th, 1pm... at the Bowling green BW3? if so, Sam could you take care of the sticky, etc... :thumbsup:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Boricua SS said:
if so, Sam could you take care of the sticky, etc... :thumbsup:
Someone beat me to it. I updated the first post with the info though. Now for the list...
(I didn't put "maybe" by anyone, so you can change your own status if needed)

1) Boricua SS
2) jrSS
3) Regulator
4) Short Bus
5) Matt
6) BO TIE SS
7) Sparky
8) big ed

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
20th looks OK to me so far, so I'd call it a pretty good chance I'll be there.

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Thx for updating the thread... I'm a stroooong maybe.. just awaiting the approval of my vacation...

1) Boricua SS (maybe, pending vacation approval)
2) jrSS (maybe)
3) Regulator
4) Short Bus
5) Matt
6) BO TIE SS
7) Sparky (maybe)
8) big ed (maybe)

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
:bump:

any others care to join, or change from maybe's to a definite? I'll be meeting with my supervisor monday to find out about my vacation...

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Prolly 4 hrs for me but could maybe work out.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Barring anything major coming up between now and then I'd say I'm in for sure.

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
I'm in...

2) jrSS (maybe)
3) Regulator
4) Short Bus
5) Matt
6) BO TIE SS
7) Sparky (maybe)
8) big ed (maybe)
9) Wishbone

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Actually in my buddy Tubby's wedding, so I cant attend.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Sorry folks, but I am out. I just got word that I will be attending an in-house PTSD program at the VA Hospital in Battle Creek, MI from the 28th of September through the 19th of October. I am pretty sure my wife will divorce me if I tell her I am going to make a road trip for a meet the next day!

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
understandable Kyle and Matt..

Updated list as i know of it...

2) Short Bus (maybe)
3) Matt
4) BO TIE SS
5) Sparky (maybe)
6) big ed (maybe)
7) Wishbone

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
Bump...
Anyone else interested in joining us?

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
MedicatedMike said:
Man, I would love too, its only little over hour from me but funds are very tight so all I can say is maybe.
Maybe it is. Hope you can make it. :thumbsup:

2) Short Bus (maybe)
3) Matt
4) BO TIE SS
5) Sparky (maybe)
6) big ed (maybe)
7) Wishbone
8) MedicatedMike (maybe)

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
It's not looking good for me making it. My wife is between jobs, so fund are very limited now.

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
ok, update on me..

vacation was approved... but now lies the issue with the beaSSt... I'm taking her to a speed-shop for diagnosis of what they think the problem is... (friend of the family, so they're offering to listen, minor troubleshooting/diagnosing and give advice for free), then my father explained to me that the dealer is looking to get my truck in this Monday the 15th when my vacation starts... so im going to call them and see what they tell me... and ill update accordingly...

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
2) Short Bus (maybe)
3) BO TIE SS
4) Sparky (maybe)
5) big ed (maybe)
6) Wishbone
7) MedicatedMike (maybe)

I'm out. I have a work thing that I have to do.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Come on, let's get some confirmation from other guys! It is only a few days away. I don't want to drive 2 hours to find no one else made it :no:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Matt said:
I'm out. I have a work thing that I have to do.
Sorry to hear that Matt. :frown:

Sparky said:
Come on, let's get some confirmation from other guys!

2) Short Bus (maybe)
3) BO TIE SS - definite
4) Sparky (maybe)
5) big ed (maybe)
6) Wishbone
7) MedicatedMike (maybe)

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
not going to be making it way to far for me plus its my birthday on sunday going out to eat at a Brazilian steak house on Saturday night :wootwoot: all you can eat filet mignon < thinks that spelled right

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
Short Bus said:
It's not looking good for me making it. My wife is between jobs, so fund are very limited now.

Short Bus, I figure $36 round trip, plus meals. My ride should be about $50 round trip. Hope you make it. I'm still planning to be there. So it's ok Sparky, plan on showing up... :smile:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Heck I'd pay for Short Bus's gas to make sure he comes lol :biggrin:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
Sorry to hear that Matt. :frown:

I'm disappointed, but now that I'm a government worker I have to make sure I keep my job. (If you know what I mean)

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I am definitely out :frown:

1) Boricua SS
2) BO TIE SS - definite
3) Sparky (maybe)
4) Wishbone
5) MedicatedMike (maybe)

I updated the list to the best of my knowledge.

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
1) BO TIE SS - definite
2) Sparky (maybe)
3) Wishbone
4) MedicatedMike (maybe)

i am out as well as i am awaiting the results of the motor tear down for the beaSSt... shes in surgery as we speak :frown:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chriswilson5585

Members Online