Bought a new truck tonight!

MichEnvoyGuy

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
Not for me... for the better half! (although I suspect I will be 'borrowing' the Escape a lot!) hehe.

New 2010 Ford Escape Limited pictures by technologic80 - Photobucket

We sold our 2005 Saturn L300 for a 2010 Ford Escape Limited 2wd 3.0l v6 with only 16000 miles!! :biggrin:
Its got every option and no exaggeration. Leather, moonroof, running boards, chrome rims, mood lighting (which for somebody easily entertained like me, is totally EPIC, lol), backup sensor, backup camera, Sync, etc etc...

The v6 has quite a bit of power. We test drove a 2.5l four cylinder Limited edition and it was a doggggggggg. The v6 supposedly has 240hp. Not too shabby.

So far the only mods we have done are floormats from Sams Club...lol.

MichEnvoyGuy

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
TexazReece said:
I'm sure she LOVES it looks Great..........even tho I think it should've been a GMT lol

I tried, trust me...lol. However, we've both been impressed with Ford's products as of late, and as a shareholder for no other reason than to one day make a profit (not holding breath just yet) I though it would be neat to own a Ford product! lol.
For the record, the Escapes six speed transmission REALLY mates up well to that v6. That thing hauls ass! (wheres the hauling ass emoticon? lol) :biggrin:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
You need to change the thread title...it's not a truck. :raspberry:

Envoy4Life

Dec 4, 2011
Looks nice. Congrats on the purchase!

I saw the new 2013 Escape at the auto show, and man its nice! I've seen a few camouflaged ones on the road, and my most recent encounter (yesterday), I actually asked the guy how it drives. He said its nice, which I believe. I used to hate Ford, but lately, all of their products are really nice. I've driven the outgoing Escape, and I liked it a lot. It really drives nice with the 3.0L V6. Too bad their not going to offer it in the new one. Their going to offer a 2.0T instead.

MichEnvoyGuy

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
Envoy4Life said:
Looks nice. Congrats on the purchase!

I saw the new 2013 Escape at the auto show, and man its nice! I've seen a few camouflaged ones on the road, and my most recent encounter (yesterday), I actually asked the guy how it drives. He said its nice, which I believe. I used to hate Ford, but lately, all of their products are really nice. I've driven the outgoing Escape, and I liked it a lot. It really drives nice with the 3.0L V6. Too bad their not going to offer it in the new one. Their going to offer a 2.0T instead.

I totally agree. Ford is turning out some nice product especially the upcoming 2013 MY. The new fusion looks sweet and I really dug the new escape and their new engine choices! I loved fords area at the auto show this year.

Ok back to talking about GM before I getin trouble :biggrin:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
TexazReece said:
I'm sure she LOVES it looks Great..........even tho I think it should've been a GMT lol

Im sure she loves it they are comfortable and save some $$$ at the pump.......even though I think it should be a Ford Raptor :biggrin:

Nice car just borrow that now and keep those TB miles low

jayd1563

Nov 18, 2011
my dad and stepmom have 2 Escapes,,they love them...they bought a 2004 brand new and bought a 2010 brand new....the 2010 they have looks just like the one you have..Im not a ford fan BUT havin drivin them both i have to say they are not to shabby...My stepmoms 2010 is also a limited,,hers has this "ambient lighting" in the inside thats pretty cool.

MichEnvoyGuy

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
Yeah, ours has that ambient lighting too, its pretty epic for somebody with ADD like me....lol. I really like how it has not only an AUX input (3.5mm) but also a USB input! Cant wait to take this on a road trip. Right now, after the dealership topped off the gas tank for us, we are averaging 26mpg. :thumbsup:

jayd1563

Nov 18, 2011
MichEnvoyGuy said:
Yeah, ours has that ambient lighting too, its pretty epic for somebody with ADD like me....lol. I really like how it has not only an AUX input (3.5mm) but also a USB input! Cant wait to take this on a road trip. Right now, after the dealership topped off the gas tank for us, we are averaging 26mpg. :thumbsup:
my dad and i took the 04 to bristol tennessee 3 times and its quite comfy for being a "smaller" suv...Their 04 is blue and the 10 is this really cool dark granite,almost black metallic color.

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
MichEnvoyGuy said:
I totally agree. Ford is turning out some nice product especially the upcoming 2013 MY. The new fusion looks sweet and I really dug the new escape and their new engine choices! I loved fords area at the auto show this year.

Ok back to talking about GM before I getin trouble :biggrin:

If I had to replace the TB tomorrow, I would lean heavily toward a Fusion. Did an internship summer of 2010 at the county health department, and that was what we rode around in most of the time. Seemed to have decent get up, got good mileage and was able to handle those wonderful back roads.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I actually like the Escapes. My dad is looking to buy a Escape/Mariner AWD Hybrid. Have said it before, and I will say it again. The GM's parked in my drive are probably the last GM's I will ever buy.

MichEnvoyGuy

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
TollKeeper said:
I actually like the Escapes. My dad is looking to buy a Escape/Mariner AWD Hybrid. Have said it before, and I will say it again. The GM's parked in my drive are probably the last GM's I will ever buy.

Similar things have come out of my mouth :lipsrsealed:
But Ill add.... the gm's....errrr.... Gm (just sold the Saturn to get the Escape!) sitting in my driveway, my Envoy, will probably be my last GM product unless they release the 2013 Trailblazer in the States and its actually affordable and not "chevy volt" priced :hissyfit:

I'd buy an Escape hybrid in a flash if I had to replace the 'Voy. 30mpg+ city and AWD? Hellz yeah.

coleman

Dec 4, 2011
Looks good. I have a friend with an Eacape and he loves it. I wish you guys years of safe, trouble-free miles!

As for me, I come from a GM family. I don't think I could ever own a Ford.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
I just rented an Escape in Michigan a couple weeks back. They were everywhere and I actually commented wondering why there were so many around. Can't say anything good or bad about it. Too small for me and the v6 mileage isn't good enough to justify driving something that small. I'd want 30mpg in the city to justify owning one in a v6 version. My assistant just bought a v6 version and her mileage is pretty bad.

Marty395

Feb 23, 2012
Very nice! :thumbsup:

Looks sharp in black. Any plans for it yet? Some tints up front is honestly all I think it needs :2thumbsup:

MichEnvoyGuy

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
Marty395 said:
Very nice! :thumbsup:

Looks sharp in black. Any plans for it yet? Some tints up front is honestly all I think it needs :2thumbsup:

Planning on getting the fronts tinted to match the backs this week :thumbsup:

Other than that, a Ford OEM bug deflector for the hood and some vent visors as soon as I can find nice ones.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Looks good, and you have tasteful mods planned :thumbsup: Maybe add Black chrome paint to the rims, grille and other chrome bits.

Dupli-Color :: Shadow

And smoke the tails!!!

fishguy1123

Dec 5, 2011
Jkust said:
I just rented an Escape in Michigan a couple weeks back. They were everywhere and I actually commented wondering why there were so many around. Can't say anything good or bad about it. Too small for me and the v6 mileage isn't good enough to justify driving something that small. I'd want 30mpg in the city to justify owning one in a v6 version. My assistant just bought a v6 version and her mileage is pretty bad.

In an SUV I think that would be hard ot get unless it was a hybrid of some kind. Even useing the skinny pedal gently. I think it would come down to what you expect from it and how do you drive it to decide if it's right for you.

fishguy1123

Dec 5, 2011
My cousin just got a 2012 limited. I checked it out this weekend. Looks great! He wanted something that would serve them better now that they'er expecting they're first child and had an F150 prior. I think they will love it!

MichEnvoyGuy

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
The 3.0l Duratec thats in there has had some updates in the past few years and now pushes 240hp! I gave a friend a spin in it last night and I stood on it. Between the 240hp/223tq and that six speed trans keeping the engine up around 5500RPMs, that Escape does an ass-squat when you hammer it and GOES! Its kinda fun :biggrin:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
There is only one real complaint that I have, and a buddy of mine, who works for Fords Testing/Proving Grounds. The gas tanks are entirely to small..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online

No members online now.