Bose Problem

Juicy K

Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
Alright, I will start off by saying that I am asking this on behalf of my Mother...
She has an 02' LTZ Trailblazer with the Bose Sound System. For the last couple of years when it is cold outside (below 60ish degrees) the stereo would remain on (displaying her radio station, volume control visually works, ect..) but there would be no audio. When the problem first started to happen she could shut her truck off, open the door to kill the stereo, start the truck back up, and it would work (she said as long as she had driven about 10 mins).
Not even a year later, she would have to pull the fuse for the amp and put it back in to get the stereo to work.
Now even this summer her stereo is a hit and miss. (More Miss than Hit). I remember on the OLD SITE people talking about similar problems. But I dont remember anybody having a fix, could not find one either. I did a search here and didnt find much of anything but people wanting to either replace the Bose setup, or just wanting to replace speakers.

I have suggested gutting the Bose setup and going with better equipment. But she is for what ever reason very very Pro-Bose. :sadcry:

I forgot to add that once the stereo works it works.. Until the truck is shut off for a bit. Then it goes back to being a PITA!!!

Any help or information would be great.
Hope you all have a great day!:smile:

Reactions: htseat2000

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
I don't know how to diagnose something like that.
My guess would be replace the radio.
I never had to, but I think you'd need a radio (bose) from an '02-'04 and it would need reprogramed by a dealer.

It would suck to do that and still have the problem though. Hopefully someone can diagnose.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Maybe a flaky connection for the signal wire that turns on the amp or the amp itself is pooched. Grab the manual from my sig for the wiring schematics. Btw, if you have to replace the radio, only 02 Bose unit will work. Bastard year.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Mooseman said:
Btw, if you have to replace the radio, only 02 Bose unit will work. Bastard year.

Actually, an 03-05 Escalade/Full size Y92 unit will work as well...but it is a bastard year. :thumbsup:

htseat2000

Jan 25, 2013
Juicy K said:
Alright, I will start off by saying that I am asking this on behalf of my Mother...
She has an 02' LTZ Trailblazer with the Bose Sound System. For the last couple of years when it is cold outside (below 60ish degrees) the stereo would remain on (displaying her radio station, volume control visually works, ect..) but there would be no audio. When the problem first started to happen she could shut her truck off, open the door to kill the stereo, start the truck back up, and it would work (she said as long as she had driven about 10 mins).
Not even a year later, she would have to pull the fuse for the amp and put it back in to get the stereo to work.
Now even this summer her stereo is a hit and miss. (More Miss than Hit). I remember on the OLD SITE people talking about similar problems. But I dont remember anybody having a fix, could not find one either. I did a search here and didnt find much of anything but people wanting to either replace the Bose setup, or just wanting to replace speakers.

I have suggested gutting the Bose setup and going with better equipment. But she is for what ever reason very very Pro-Bose. :sadcry:

I forgot to add that once the stereo works it works.. Until the truck is shut off for a bit. Then it goes back to being a PITA!!!

Any help or information would be great.
Hope you all have a great day! :smile:
hey did you ever figure out the problem. oddly enough I am having the same problem with my wife's 2003 envoy xl with factory bose system. just started acting up this morning. she says when she starts it up, the radio lights up and does it thing but no sound. now if she turns it off and turns it right back on then the radio comes on. so i was wondering if you ever figured out your problem because I have the same problem.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online

No members online now.