Borla exhaust on a 5.3

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Hi,My question is concerning the Borla #140206 cat back dual exhaust system for a Chevy SS Trailblazer.My application would be for a 2007 GMC Envoy Denali 5.3 V8...they do not list a system for my application but,since the Chevy SS and my Denali are basically the same vehicle I see no reason why it wouldn't work for me...am I missing something? has any one found a system that fits a 5.3 ? and if so how do you like it?....thanks Mike.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
deepblue said:
Yes, it will fit fine. A cat-back system is also on my wishlist... All you need is the rear hanger for the SS.... GM # 15786935

I thought the 5.3 was a special muffler because of the DOD, if you use that won't it sound odd when the DOD kicked in. Probably sound okay if DOD turned off...

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Denali n DOO said:
I thought the 5.3 was a special muffler because of the DOD, if you use that won't it sound odd when the DOD kicked in. Probably sound okay if DOD turned off...

That was my thought too as the only possible reason why they don't list this kit for the 5.3 with AFM.Seeing that nobody offers a kit for the 5.3 Trailvoys,you might be on to something.I did email Borla but, they haven't responded yet.....Mike.

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
SLP responded with the info below,Borla responded in a brain dead fashion,like they were disinterested or half read my question....Mike.

SLP reply:
Mike,
The two exhausts are vastly different pipe size, bracket position, and enough difference in pipe positioning that it will not fit.
Regards,joey

Joe DiMichele
Tech/Sales Rep.
SLP Performance Parts
1501 Industrial Way North
Toms River, NJ 08755

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianhvac

Members Online