BEWARE global-autopart eBay

cntinuum

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Auction 140874025894 for a "used" fan clutch shows a new 15-40133 part. I bought this part and received a 15-116116 BEHR D0009 part. Of course it fits but it is a known problem part. Use this vendor at your own risk. The label on the part says
BEHR
Cust Part# 15116116
Behr Part# D0009
Broadcast code QFC
Serial 309191388
My camera doesn't do macro at all. It is clear that there is no part#1540133 on it though, this is right under the BEHR at the top.

Attachments

• IMG_8472.JPG
    IMG_8472.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 191

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
You can probably get your money back by filing a claim with ebay or paypal. That is definitely not an AC Delco, and not the one pictured in the auction. You'll have to contact the seller first and keep copies of your conversations. When they don't refund, and I'm sure they won't, file a claim.

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
send the vendor a note, he has good reviews. I expect he would rather refund your money than get a bad review.
I've received a few items incorrectly from eBay and I've never had a vendor that wouldn't make it right.

cntinuum

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Would you be satisfied with this solution?
This is the communication from this vendor. This is the communication in time order.
IF this vendor would have said "sorry about that, send me the part back and I will refund your money" we would be done with it. Instead they say
-this is a good working part
-I work for Chevrolet and we don't show any SI or Bulletins about your Accusations
-The response to to the case filed basically says "your problem"
You decide if this is a vendor you want to do business with.

To: global-autopart
Subject: Item I received is not as described:
cntinuum sent a message about CLUTCH. Engine Air Cooling Fan. 2002-2007 GM #140874025894
Sent Date: Nov-10-12 10:44:23 PST
Dear global-autopart,

Greetings,
Your ad said
Manufacturer Part Number: GM 25790869
Other Part Number: AC DELCO 15-40133
I got the part this week and when I took it out of the box, it is NOT an AC Delco 1540133. It is an AC Delco 15116116. This is a known bad design part and has been superceded by the 1540133 part (GM 25790869, Behr Hella 376734021).

How would you like to resolve this issue?
Attached is a picture of the part I received. I couldn't get a clearer picture.
BEHR
Cust Part# 15116116
Behr Part# D0009
Broadcast code QFC
Serial 309191388
This picture is clear enough to see that Cust Part# is not 1540133
Regards,

- cntinuum
Dear cntinuum,

I will need the part back so I can check the code # I marked the part with in several places, and if all the marks are there I'll issue a refund.
As far as that part being a known bad part I never heard of it. I do know the elect fan clutch works ok.
Thanks again Dana
- global-autopart

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: global-autopart
Subject: Re: Item I received is not as described: cntinuum sent a message about CLUTCH. Engine Air Cooling Fan. 2002-2007 GM #140874025894
Sent Date: Nov-10-12 19:58:59 PST
Dear global-autopart,

Greetings,
The TrailBlazer Envoy Forum Trailvoy.com - The Chevy Trailblazer and GMC Envoy Enthusiast Site has extensive information on this issue GMT360 was one of the Test Engineers on this platform. Read his writeup on the life history of this part from 2002-2007 at Fan clutch 101 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum.

Here is one of the vendors on that site post 12-13-2007.
OEM Trailblazer, Envoy Electronic Visco Fan Clutches - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum
The fan clutch on the models above is known for high failure rates mostly due to the forces exerted on the wire attachment during the start up of the fan. The fan clutch normally needs to be replaced when the following error codes show P0495, P1481, P1482, P1484. Excessive fan noise is normally also a factor as is increased engine temperature and lower AC performance.

The fan clutches we are selling are made in the US by Behr, the OEM supplier for these clutches to GM. The clutches are the latest engineering version and are the same you can buy at the dealer for about $380. There are several other brands of clutches out there which are manufactured in Korea. While the quality of the Korean clutches is good, they are not set to the same specs decreasing fuel efficiency and increasing noise. You can find the Korean copies for about the same price we are offering the real thing for. The manufacturers of the European copies literally copied the older versions with all it flaws and shortcomings. Why not stay with a brand that car owners and manufacturers have trusted for decades.

Our clutch replaces the following brands and part numbers:

* Platinum #: 2120000
* Dorman #: 622-001
* Hollander #: 326-748
* OE #: 15293048, 15192192, 15116115, 10383029, 25790869

The clutch is the latest revision, part number 25790869.
- continuum
Dear cntinuum,

Like I said there is nothing wrong with this Electric fan clutch. If you want to believe all the stuff you read on the web site it's ok with me, but I work for Chevrolet and we don't show any SI or Bulletins about your Accusations. All car parts break down or get worn out.
Thanks again Dana
- global-autopart

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: cntinuum
Sent: Nov-11-12 04:24 PM
Hi G. Jeffries!
Thank you for contacting eBay about your issue with your trading partner.
Thank you for your report about this specific seller (global-autopart) who is not following through the eBay guidelines set for everyone. I appreciate your confidence in keeping us updated of the things that's been happening here on our site. Rest assured that it will be properly channeled to a Department that is fully equipped in investigating the matter. Thank you for your trust and continuous support to us.

Hi cntinuum,
The seller has responded to you and offered another solution to solve this issue.
Seller's message:
"This is what my listing said on the very first line. THIS PART SHOULD FIT THE VEHICLES LISTED BELOW, NO GURANTEE, IT'S UP TO YOU TO CHECK WITH YOUR GM DEALERSHIP WITH YOUR VIN # OFF YOUR VEHICLE FOR PROPER FIT. SOLD AS IS WITH NO RETURNS OR REFUNDS. THIS IS DUE TO BUYERS WANT TO TRY THE PART AND RETURN THE PART IF IT DONT FIX THEIR PROBLEMS NO MORE, YOU BUY IT ITS YOURS And what you see in the picture is what I sent you. I don't try to screw people on Ebay. My feedback proves that. You emailed me and stated you already had to replace your Fan Clutch two times and wanted to know if I was selling a GM Fan Clutch. I told you YES it is a GM fan clutch. There is not a thing wrong with this fan clutch it works great. And I am really sorry your having a hard time getting your vehicle fixed. Maybe you should have not been so cheap and bought a NEW fan clutch for $375.00"

If you're satisfied with this solution, you can let the seller know by sending a message in the Resolution Center. If you don't want to accept this offer, we encourage you to send the seller a message with solution that you'd be happy with.

You can also view the details of this case in the Resolution Center.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Regardless of the stuff from the Internet that you found on the problematic older part, the part number that was advertised does not match the one you got. Had you known the actual part number, you would not have bought it. The hard fact is you got a different part number. Period.

Did you receive that clutch in that new ACDelco box? If so, I suspect he installed the new part on customer vehicle and is trying to sell off the old one to an unsuspecting newb. That is also false advertising as the box shows one number but you got another. One thing's for sure, the seller in his reply as condescending is hell, basically calling you cheap.

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
It looks like there was a little back and forth and he doubts your claims that the part won't work but he did say that if you send it back and it is the same part that he will issue you a refund. That seems pretty fair to me, I would send it back and get my money back.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I call people cheap and nobody hates me. :confused:

Oh, wait...... :wink:

The dispute should be about the advertised part number only, as you're doing. The seller's total lack of technical understanding about the REASON for the updated design is a side issue, and can't be solved by the Ebay resolution process.

mubai

Jan 5, 2012
Mooseman said:
Regardless of the stuff from the Internet that you found on the problematic older part, the part number that was advertised does not match the one you got. Had you known the actual part number, you would not have bought it. The hard fact is you got a different part number. Period.

:iagree: Regardless of if it works or not, the point is they advertised Part A and you purchased Part A, but you were sent Part B. Get yo money back!

cntinuum

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
the roadie said:
I call people cheap and nobody hates me. :confused:

Oh, wait...... :wink:

The dispute should be about the advertised part number only, as you're doing. The seller's total lack of technical understanding about the REASON for the updated design is a side issue, and can't be solved by the Ebay resolution process.
Agreed! The issue is stating this part is,
Manufacturer Part Number: GM 25790869
Other Part Number: AC DELCO 15-40133
and shipping a BEHR
Cust Part# 15116116
Behr Part# D0009.
The seller shipped a different part than pictured and described in the text of the ad.

This is the point of posting this so that others may be aware of this practice by this seller on this transaction.

Pictured is the current replacement part. I bought a Dorman and it failed in the warranty period and this part was shipped as the replacement. Being the third one I have replaced in 2 years, I will go with the current design from GM, AC Delco, Behr Hella(who I understand is the mfg of the part).

As a side note, I have done this often enough now that I can get it done in under an hour as long as I don't drop a fan bolt and have to have to pull everything out and find where it got lodged.

Attachments

• IMG_8477.jpg
    IMG_8477.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 14

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
CdnGMan said:
Wow. What a douche.
I'd totally avoid doing any future business with them.

Make sure to leave a "dis-satisfied" comment on their feedback!

:iagree: + a link to this thread

cntinuum

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
eBay set me a UPS label to return the item to the vendor. Sent it Friday 11/16, they received it 11/21, saw a refund on my credit card 11/22. I did this transaction thru PayPal and have yet to see any notification from PayPal. Glad I didn't get stuck with a part I didn't order!
I hope this vendor improves their practices and sells what they advertise.
-Dave

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online