Best PCM4Less tune?

DDonnie

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
I'm looking to see what the best tune options are in terms of engine and transmission wear while giving me the best performance. I don't want to do anything that is going to shorten the life of my TB.

DDonnie

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
nobody?

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
Not yet. :wootwoot:

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
"They" may actually be able to tell you a little, as well. If they really know their product and want to help.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Shift level 3 and removal of torque management makes it hit gears pretty solid, but no one seems to have a higher failure rate for it.

I think they will keep within limits of what the equipment can handle. I have an aggressive tune set up, plus large tires and extra weight and crappy aerodynamics and the truck holds together just fine. Even slopping through hood deep mud holes and redlining up hills while the tires fligging dirt like a guy diggin out of prison.

I think you will be safe with whatever you think fits your needs.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
What is really good about PCM4Less is that they will put together the tune you want. Not a one size fits most. I had several go arounds with questions before I ordered my tune. They are very responsive and accommodating. The tune has made the Envoy significantly more fun to drive. The only thing I miss from the pre-tune days is the ability to tow my trailer. With the torque management dialed back, I'd have to be real careful on the accelerator if I had my 4000+ lb trailer back there so I don't hit the tranny too hard. (But if I still wanted to tow, they wouldn't have dialed the torque management back as much. All to your wishes.)

oh05ext

Dec 7, 2011
a tune is my first mod once the warranty is dried up and i get a legitimate intake setup and free flowing muffler

groundshock

Dec 4, 2011
I have shift level 2 in mine and it's awesome. Outside of that I'm not sure what they've really done. Mine's an 02.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Shift level 3 and removal of torque management makes it hit gears pretty solid, but no one seems to have a higher failure rate for it.

I think they will keep within limits of what the equipment can handle. I have an aggressive tune set up, plus large tires and extra weight and crappy aerodynamics and the truck holds together just fine. Even slopping through hood deep mud holes and redlining up hills while the tires fligging dirt like a guy diggin out of prison.

I think you will be safe with whatever you think fits your needs.

I am going to quote this just so I can use this smiley!

:iagree:

Also, it is so damn true that I want to be able to like it twice!

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
I have a feeling that by next summer my TB will have a tune done....

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude