Bass in the EXT / XL??

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
DARKASS04EXT said:
a little bigger than you want but here is mine. when i go shopping etc, i just put the stuff on top,very rarely if ever use the shelf but its made to fit with it. amp is located in storage area in the floor.

I'd love to have that setup. Would be perfect! :yes:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Blckshdw said:

:iagree: Looks good and clean!

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
07 TB RIDER said:
I believe this. I have a feeling that your wife has the house child proofed ( and its not for you kids :tongue:)

Nah, I figured out the child proofing stuff long ago. She uses padlocks now. :crazy:

DARKASS04EXT

Nov 21, 2011
Blckshdw said:

ItsOnVoy said:
:iagree: Looks good and clean!

Thanks, the enclosure is actually alittle too big for the subs and thats why i never finished it with carpet. Im redoing it to the correct airspace etc, right now the biggest problem is that its tuned to low. Hopefully the new one will work better and that ill finish off with carpet.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
DARKASS04EXT said:
Thanks, the enclosure is actually alittle too big for the subs and thats why i never finished it with carpet. Im redoing it to the correct airspace etc, right now the biggest problem is that its tuned to low. Hopefully the new one will work better and that ill finish off with carpet.

So far it is good! Once that carpet is put on, it will look much better and smooth in much more!

CdnGMan

Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
DARKASS04EXT said:
a little bigger than you want but here is mine. when i go shopping etc, i just put the stuff on top,very rarely if ever use the shelf but its made to fit with it. amp is located in storage area in the floor.

Actually, that's not bad... I think that would sound quite nice with the 2 12" Sony's I have...

I would prolly change a couple things in its design - I think I'd want the amp mounted to it though somehow as I'm not a big fan of putting in in that space in the floor... and I need for it to be removable somehow... :undecided:

I may have to look into this type of setup I'm thinking...

DARKASS04EXT

Nov 21, 2011
CdnGMan said:
Actually, that's not bad... I think that would sound quite nice with the 2 12" Sony's I have...

I would prolly change a couple things in its design - I think I'd want the amp mounted to it though somehow as I'm not a big fan of putting in in that space in the floor... and I need for it to be removable somehow... :undecided:

If you look closely on the top when i made it, the amp was supposed to go onto the top. The issue was that the shelf didnt quite fit with it mounted there. And since i realized it was out of spec i didnt want to mod the shelf if i didnt need to. I was going to notch the shelf for the amp, since the subs wouldnt be on with the shelf in place. I think when i do the new enclosure im going to mount it flush into the top and do a removable top panel to take the place of the shelf when the box is in place.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
CdnGMan said:

I have my amp in that space. I mounted a switch in the glove-box so I can switch off the amp turn on lead

P1000583.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online