eBay Listing AUTO HVAC R-134A Hard-line Schrader Valve Core Ball Valve R&R Tool Set: $22.00 FREE S&H

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
If you have any 'sketchy' or suspicious leaks of R-134A from Failing Schrader Valves hidden inside of your HI (RED) and LOW (BLUE) HVAC Manifold Gauge Set Service Ports... THIS an inexpensive Ball Valved Tool Set that you can use to quickly and easily replace those Leaky A/C Charge and Gauge Port "Bicycle Tire" Valves... and NOT have to Evacuate the System of R-134A, Pull a Vacuum and then have to Weigh In a New Freon Charge.

This Pair of Combination Tools is available for just under $22.00 with Free S&H. I also recommend using a light coating of NYLOG around the Silicone Seals of the New Schraders (requires a separate purchase) just prior to using this Kit:

HVACSCHRADERTOOLS1.jpgHVACSCHRADERTOOLS2.jpgHVACSCHRADERTOOLS3.jpgHVACSCHRADERTOOLS4.jpgHVACSCHRADERTOOLS5.jpgHVACSCHRADERTOOLS6.jpgHVACSCHRADERTOOLS7.jpg

Last edited:

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Now if you could find one to change the rubber ball style valve in the high port of the full size vehicles I might be a buyer if it's cheaper than the $45 acdelco line... Mine leaked after an evac/recharge.

However that's a cool tool that I didn't know they made for vehicle ac. I knew they were available for commercial ac and such but not 134a. Could also just use pag oil for the seal on the Schrader if you have that laying around vs nylog which I've only seen used on thread-on commercial fittings. If you're worried about it. Most send shraders in dry without issue.

Reactions: mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online