ASWC Issue

harveyfam2001

Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Hello!

I'm in the process of installing our JVC navigation double din unit that was in our minivan to our 2002 Envoy. I am using the ASWC module and for the life of me I can only get the volume up and down button on the steering wheel to work. The source/preset button does not work. I bought the ASWC from Crutchfield.

To give a little background I originally bought a CRUX interface since it has the VSS wiring option built in. I noticed after connecting everything that only the volume up and down button was working on the steering wheel and not the source (AM/FM button) or preset. After talking with Crutchfield they informed me that the CRUX interface would not work with my JVC headunit for that button and that I needed the ASWC since it was fully programmable. This also involved a power/speaker wiring harness change which they shipped me the GMRC-01 harness.

I talked with Crutchfield this evening after getting everything connected and the guy suggested manual programming. I tried that and I still cannot get those two buttons to work.

Am I doing something wrong?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spellman1989

Members Online