Anyone remove their seats??

dvdman

Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
Hi everyone Im new to the forum and new to my 2004 GMC Envoy. The seats are cloth and all torn up. I bought some used leather seats off a friend. I am really at the end of this search. I googled how to remove seats. Nothing on youtube either. It would show car seats or seat covers. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Maybe someone put up a sticky somewhere? I got as far as 4 bolts and need a long socket wrench but I need a little more to go on. Maybe Im in over my head and need to find someone to do it. Any help would be appreciated!

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
its a piece of cake man... i take mine out every time i go to the track... if its anything like the TB's, its literally like 8-10 nuts, and the seats just come right out...

the bottom portions of the seats that fold forward should have 2 nuts on them.. take those off (take off your BCM cover as well for clearence, unless you dont mind nicking it up a bit), and then just pull the seat up.. piece of cake..

on second thought.. let me go on my photobucket and dig up pix for you... and show you where all the bolts are...

be right back...

edit.. here are the pix.. i just took pix off where the nuts are.. but you can see that once you take them off, the seats will just pull up... for thhe back portion, when you fold the seat down, you will have to lift the flap up, and you will see the extra nuts back there.. hope this helps..

2012-10-28213019.jpg

2012-10-28213026.jpg

2012-10-28213037.jpg

2012-10-28213201.jpg

2012-10-28213146.jpg

2012-10-28213048.jpg

dvdman

Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
Boricua SS said:
its a piece of cake man... i take mine out every time i go to the track... if its anything like the TB's, its literally like 8-10 nuts, and the seats just come right out...

the bottom portions of the seats that fold forward should have 2 nuts on them.. take those off (take off your BCM cover as well for clearence, unless you dont mind nicking it up a bit), and then just pull the seat up.. piece of cake..

on second thought.. let me go on my photobucket and dig up pix for you... and show you where all the bolts are...

be right back...

You are a life saver thanks. I have been looking for some sort of diagram or video but nothing. Ive been looking since yesterday morning.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
the front ones are held by 4 nuts each. they are under plastic covers. gently pry the covers off.

dvdman

Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
I didnt refresh and see your pics...please delete.

Attachments

• seat1.jpg
    seat1.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 18
  • seat2.jpg
    seat2.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 19
  • seat4.jpg
    seat4.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 18

dvdman

Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
Great thanks for the pics. So basically all the long white screws that need an extended socket wrench?

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
pretty much thats it... i think 8-10 in total... when you take the backs off, the seatbelts will move with them, so just remember which way they go back on.. (the base plates when you put the nuts back on)

and someone must of had my seats out before i bought my SS Jimmy... they never had covers on them, and only the 2 nuts, not 4... learn somethin new everyday when you buy a used vehicle :rotfl:

dvdman

Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
I got the cloth seats off finally. They told me these leather ones would fit but obviously not. The front leather seats look like they line up. I believe these back seat were off an extended Envoy or Trailblazer which is probably the issue..

View attachment 23581

View attachment 23582

View attachment 23583

unless Im missing something?

Attachments

• back1.jpg
    back1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 14
  • back2.jpg
    back2.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 13
  • back3.jpg
    back3.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 13

PennTB02

Jan 26, 2012
The front seats are interchangeable between the short wheelbase, 5 passenger models and the long wheelbase, EXT, 7 passenger models.
The second row of seats ( back seats in a short wheelbase and middle row of seats in an EXT) are not. They are not even close. It is not cosr effective to rework the EXT seat frames, modify the foam, and get new leather covers. Sorry to deliver the bad news.

Sometimes just rear Trailblazer seats come up for sale on e-bay but shipping is expensive. You could ask an auto upholstery shop to make you a matching rear set of vinyl covers for your existing rear seats but that will cost you several hundred dollars. Your best bet is local salvage yards.

dvdman

Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
I found out the hard way. I had to go back (1 hour drive each way) and they gave me a new set. It looks great though. I will post some pics soon!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhenninger

Members Online