Any opinions on Bridgestone & B.F. Goodrich tires

Mark20

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
The subject says it all.

kkoether

Aug 18, 2013
We've had Bridgestone Dueler's on several SUV's and have be quite pleased with them. Been a lot of years since I had B.F. Goodrich on anything I owned. Costco usually has some good deals on Dueler's if they're in your area.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012

Mark20

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Have a Costco only a few miles from home which is why I'm considering them. Agree, too many models.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Mark20 said:
Have a Costco only a few miles from home which is why I'm considering them. Agree, too many models.

Which duellers do they have? Around here, costco&sams club are not cheaper for the tires I wanted. I have a better time haggling a moderate to high priced tire at the national chains... I suppose if I can shop for 3 mo.s worth of groceries, eat lunch, and get new tires? Some will pay extra for that convenience.

Mark20

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Playsinsnow said:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=ORAT

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=HAS

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=W&VT=LT

Way too many models. Some duellers suck, others are great. Blizzaks are really great. Which model tire exactly? I prefer Michelin for a highway tire... :twocents:

Thanks for pointing out this info. I'm also looking at the Firestone Destination LE2 which got a recommendation in another tread. They are scoring high here. Most of my driving is city/highway so that style tire is probably my best bet.

Playsinsnow said:
Which duellers do they have? Around here, costco&sams club are not cheaper for the tires I wanted. I have a better time haggling a moderate to high priced tire at the national chains... I suppose if I can shop for 3 mo.s worth of groceries, eat lunch, and get new tires? Some will pay extra for that convenience.

There are at least three plus one or two non-Duellers. I'm not seeing them score high in the TireRack charts linked above.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
The LE2's are supposed to be much better than the previous destinations. Even their snow tire is up there now. However, I started driving legally around the time Firestones were blowing out and rolling exploders. Price is right on the le2s go for it. Buddy has the the rugged terrains T/A and loves them. I have LTXs and love them. Worth every cent. Cross terrains too. Grabber HTS is an excellent budget tire, pricing has gone up because of demand in recent years.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
They are both round.

That is about as specific as i can get without you picking models to compare.

kkoether

Aug 18, 2013
Our vehicles have all had the Dueller Alenza's. There a good all around tire. My old work truck had them and they did well in Erie, PA in the winter time. Lots of snow in that area. They also get a good bite in the rain. I have Goodyear Silent Armor's on my Jeep Wrangler. I've been extremely satisfied with them. They aren't cheap though.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Mark20 said:
Thanks for pointing out this info. I'm also looking at the Firestone Destination LE2 which got a recommendation in another tread. They are scoring high here. Most of my driving is city/highway so that style tire is probably my best bet.

There are at least three plus one or two non-Duellers. I'm not seeing them score high in the TireRack charts linked above.

Most of my driving is city/highway, but I wouldn't touch that highway tread myself. Just isn't aggressive enough in the thicker snow, plus it looks lame :tongue: My old Firestone Destination ATs were great, had good traction, good road manners, not loud at all, and I got 65k out of them with some life left before I replaced them. With more Destination ATs, by the way.

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
I was tire shopping in the spring, the Toyo's have good reviews.
I ran the street tires on our mini-van and were really happy with them.
I ended up with the Toyo Open Country AT2 on my TB.
I am really happy with them. They seem to have good wet highway traction as well as working good in the mud.
Considering they are a pretty aggressive AT tire, they are really quiet.

I'm not saying get the AT2s but Toyos have served me well in the past and usually are budget friendly.

Jtyler77

Aug 10, 2013
I agree with sparky. I put destination at on the wifes escape almost 4 years ago, 35k later there is no sign of wear and they still look new. When the tb needs shoes I'll more than likely go that route again.

nygiantsfan

Sep 30, 2013
i've yet to have one that needed more than .5 oz weight to balance any of them. i have then on my tblazer. they are round. that's the diference.. i've seen goodyear tires, uniroyals etc. that had all kinds of weights to balance them, even dismounting and rotating to adjust on the rim. imo, they're the best. you get what you pay for and "round" costs extra

Mark20

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Sparky said:
Most of my driving is city/highway, but I wouldn't touch that highway tread myself. Just isn't aggressive enough in the thicker snow, plus it looks lame :tongue: My old Firestone Destination ATs were great, had good traction, good road manners, not loud at all, and I got 65k out of them with some life left before I replaced them. With more Destination ATs, by the way.

Your convincing me!

kickass audio

Aug 25, 2012
I just recently went from having some sailun terramax tires to BF Goodrich Long Trail T/A tires and here is my experience.

From past experience with the BF Goodrich when my dad had them on his 97 tahoe with normal tire rotations he was able to get about 60k some odd miles before it was just above the wear bars so mileage is pretty good. Also the grip in these is great, I have had his truck on snow and everything and they grab really well.

To compare from my sailun to the BF Goodrich the road noise is louder but I think it might just be because my Sailun tires were so worn down that they were within a 32nd from the wear bars and were cupped badly from the previous owner never rotating them. The Sailun had really high tread wear because they apparently used softer rubber which tbh I don't feel any difference in ride quality between the two tires.

Anyway I am very happy with my BF Goodrich Long Trail T/A tires I just put on this summer. I haven't played with them in snow or anything but in mud they perform pretty well considering they are not aggresive tires. If you go into mud or anything alot I might suggest something like the Rugged Terrain T/A but with a harsher tread style you can expect some more road noise and shorter lifespan of the tire. Oh and idk if you are aware but BF Goodrich and Bridgestone are the same kind of tires with different tread patterns. BF Goodrich is the economical brand and Bridgestone is a little higher priced and quality but I have had no issues with BF Goodrich in the past.

To help you out you can get a $50 mastercard when you get 4 BF Goodrich tires: BFGoodrich Rebates & Promotions - BFGoodrich Tires I did this but the damn thing didn't work at any place I tried to swipe it so I need to get off my butt and call them to ensure it really is activated because it says it is online but I didn't call them yet. Just a little thing to get if you buy BF Goodrich tires. Hope this helps!

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I'm getting new tires next week and am replacing my Destination A/T's with the Destination LE2's.

The A/T's are a good tire but the wet traction wasn't good enough for my and I'm hoping to have better results with the LE2's.

Mark20

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
The Voy got new shoes today. I went with the Firestone Destination LE2's. I did some more research on the Destination A/T's and other all terrains and also found comments of poor traction in wet conditions. A week ago in a light rain I spun the rear wheels without giving it much gas. It started raining after getting the tires and their bite on the road was perfect even with me goosing it a bit.

Edit:
I should add that the old Goodyear Fortera's were down to 3/32. They would have passed inspection but barely and would have needed replacement by summer next year. Better to be safe considering how easily I spun them.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianhvac

Members Online

No members online now.