Another TBSS knock

STLtrailbSS

This one is pretty loud sounds pretty "pingy" metal on metal kind of, really i think the best way to describe the exact sound its sounds like sparking from a jumper cable..MUCH LOUDER very weird . Sound is right at the valvetrain from what I can hear over the fan. I noticed a sound on the way to work but once i hit temp it was non existent but now shes in full effect here

[video=youtube;-laDlzi8X1c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-laDlzi8X1c&context=C47ce90dADvjVQa1PpcFN7huJKwxzsuFa5U-dgtnC-ngHdmdqW_O4=[/video]

Voymom

That sounds more like a ticking noise than a knock to me anyways. Kind of sounds like my fan clutch which has a rythmic ticking...

Sorry i'm no help, but hopefully you can find the issue and it's not to severe. But the only thing I can think of aside from the fan would be the idler arm??

Boricua SS

yea thats definetly not the knock/slap i was getting in mine... it sure does sound like electric sparks/arching, like when you static shock someone and you hear the "pop" when you shock them...and its happening at idle? i had to rev mine up to get the knock to happen... see what you get for trying to convince me to keep mine :raspberry:

but in all seriousness.. this is why we bought the warrantys for... hopefully you can get it figured out man...

edit: well listening to it again.. i can sort of hear it being a slap/knock.. tough to tell over a video just like mine was tough to tell over a vid

OP
OP
STLtrailbSS

STLtrailbSS

Just got off the phone with Jham and while on the phone after about 3 minutes at operating temp, the sound disappears.

Voymom

Lifters?

OP
OP
STLtrailbSS

STLtrailbSS

I called my friend with the LS6 Camaro he is betting lifters, He has yet to watch the video But I trust his judgement hes been inside these engines more than anybody I know he said stockers ar Sh*t

Voymom

STLtrailbSS said:
I called my friend with the LS6 Camaro he is betting lifters, He has yet to watch the video But I trust his judgement hes been inside these engines more than anybody I know he said stockers ar Sh*t
That would be my guess since it stops once it reaches temp. But hell what do I know I'm a woman :biggrin:

OP
OP
STLtrailbSS

STLtrailbSS

Text From My Dad
"to bad my tools only work on fords, shouldnt of bought a chevy"
:rotfl: thats our father son relationship

and vmom thats right what do you know you are probably drunk again.

ghenny440

Voymom said:
That would be my guess since it stops once it reaches temp. But hell what do I know I'm a woman :biggrin:
Better watch it roadies gonna sick his wife on you remember what she said to you before:biggrin:

Sparky

If it goes away as it warms up I'd bet lifters too. The video makes it sound really weird tho.

Voymom

STLtrailbSS said:
Text From My Dad
"to bad my tools only work on fords, shouldnt of bought a chevy"
:rotfl: thats our father son relationship

and vmom thats right what do you know you are probably drunk again.
I'm not drunk, I didn't even finish the 6 pack I was working on earlier. Plus I'm on call and can't drink. So there :tongue:

ghenny440 said:
Better watch it roadies gonna sick his wife on you remember what she said to you before:biggrin:
Roadies wife said something to me? I don't recall that. :undecided:

ghenny440

Oops i read to many posts earlier i am sorry t was onesmartcookie i read the post about, lmfao boy does my foot taste horrible:banghead:

OP
OP
STLtrailbSS

STLtrailbSS

I guess it would be considered a semi cold start since it was run within hours...Quiet as a damn mouse, we will see what happens overnight

STLCamaroLS6

Sounds like a coil misfire for sure. I remember popping 2 MSD coils on my Holley EFI setup and the sounded exactly like that when they wouldnt fire.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Answered questions
Members
Latest member
spadz93