Another HVAC Actuator Reset Question

wiredawg

Original poster
Apr 3, 2013
My problem stems from the all popular HVAC actuators stemming from the dead/disconnected battery. "Hot air on driver side & cold air (temperature controlled air) on the passenger side. I've search and read quite a few posts/threads. 1) the easiest, I tried the "fuse" method several times I hear lots of clicking but the re-calibration of the actuators did "Not" seems to work. Through, my question stems around this:

Envoy is equipped with the Dual Automatic Climate Control System:

The fuse method; "turning the A/C off" and leaving it off for a few minutes is key in this method.
So, I turned everything off, I pull fuse "36" HVAC B this in-turn disconnects the power to the climate control unit. After 15 sec or so. I replace the fuse. I start the vehicle, but my climate control automatically turns on. I've done this several times with the same results. It seems I can't get my climate control system to stay off. I'm assuming this should not be happening since most instructions mention leaving the A/C unit off for a few minutes. Just wandering, if anyone knows why this is happening? I'm hoping its something simple...

I'm just not ready to tackle the mode actuator... :smile:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Powering on and automatically moving all the actuators through their entire range of motion is the essence of the mandatory recalibration process. You're just supposed to leave the controls untouched for this 1-2 minute process.

wiredawg

Original poster
Apr 3, 2013
the roadie said:
Powering on and automatically moving all the actuators through their entire range of motion is the essence of the mandatory recalibration process. You're just supposed to leave the controls untouched for this 1-2 minute process.

Thanks for the reply...So, the climate control does not need to be in the "off" position when the vehicle is started? Well, it sounds like I gotta tackle it with and replacement...oh huim...

Menthol

Dec 8, 2011
Most likely when it does reset the gear is broken. Some can be fixed. On my airflow actuator (Dash Vents) I was able to take out the broken gear and turn it around 180 deg.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe102938

Members Online