Another Bose question

nbm123

Original poster
Dec 3, 2015
KY
Putting in head unit and replacing speakers this weekend. I am planning on running a 4 channel amp for the new door speakers. I ordered from Crutch and have the adapter I need to retain power and chimes, but loosing steering and onstar (I'm ok with it)

1. Can I leave the dash speakers hooked to bose amp even though I am bypassing it for the other speakers? Does this mean the doors will chime thru these only or does the wiring module make the doors chime thru all speakers even the ones hooked to the amp.

2. Can you run new wires to the read door speakers or is it better/easier to hook into the existing wires from the bose amp location?

Thanks y'all

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Depends on the interface. Some use the stock speakers and others have a tinny little one built in (very loud and annoying). Not sure if the chimes come out of the door speakers. Fronts are woofers so they might not. I think they come out of the dash tweeters.

nbm123

Original poster
Dec 3, 2015
KY
08 Trailblazer. Bose with no navigation. Maybe this information will help.

Thanks.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
What brand of adapter/interface?

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
I have the Gmos 04 in my 08 envoy now and so long as you don't remove the bose amp and keep the factory dash speakers you will retain chimes.

As far as getting the bose dash speakers to play nice with your new amp you just have to adjust your gains on your new amp to get it to sound decent.
I had my set up just like that for sometime. Until I decided to pull the bose amp completely and add a fresh set of dash speakers. But now I'm looking into a new wire harness cause I have no chimes and it worries me that my wife won't notice any dash lights and something goes wrong.

nbm123

Original poster
Dec 3, 2015
KY
I have the Gmos 04 in my 08 envoy now and so long as you don't remove the bose amp and keep the factory dash speakers you will retain chimes.

As far as getting the bose dash speakers to play nice with your new amp you just have to adjust your gains on your new amp to get it to sound decent.
I had my set up just like that for sometime. Until I decided to pull the bose amp completely and add a fresh set of dash speakers. But now I'm looking into a new wire harness cause I have no chimes and it worries me that my wife won't notice any dash lights and something goes wrong.

I went ahead and ordered a Clarion 4 channel amp and a Clarion Mono amp. These Amps get great reviews and are ridiculously small. I am going to run power and RCAs back to the BOSE location in the rear and tap into the door speakers from there. Not sure about how the door chimes will work though? ?

So here' what I got:
Kenwood X399 HU w/ Crux SOCGM-17B Wiring Interface
Kicker 6.5 and 5.25 for doors
Clarion XC2410 4-ch
Clarion XC2110 mono
Clarion 10" Shallow mount DC2520D

I am looking for quality sound vs. beatin down the block.

Any advice please let me know. I know this isn't the first stereo upgrade!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online

No members online now.