... and then it occurred to me there was no way I was going to pull that off

Original poster
Jul 24, 2012
When I figured out that I was not going to drop the transmission a few inches to get to the cooler lines, I had to get creative.

It would have been the right thing to do, but it just wasn't going to happen in the time I had to make the repair.

The corrosion was way up near the front, right where the shorter front lines connect with the longer back lines.

I took out the short front lines, installed new ones, and then cut the connector end off one of the lines I took out. Then I hacked back the corroded line, put the salvaged connector end into the female end of the new short front line, and ran 3/8" fuel line between the hacked-off end of line and the salvaged connector end. Hose clamps and away we go.

The fuel line is rated for 175 degrees fahrenheit, and more pressure than the line will see.

Doesn't leak so far.

From that repair, anyway.

I still have some fluid leaking near the front of the vehicle, but I can't tell if it is ATF or power steering. The drips hit the ground right under the power steering pump, and the seals are blown on the rack.

Might be another small cooler line leak, though.

02TrailBlazer

Jan 22, 2013
I like the signature haha, really makes me question the true number of mods I've done. :undecided:

Original poster
Jul 24, 2012
02TrailBlazer said:
I like the signature haha, really makes me question the true number of mods I've done. :undecided:

Back in the day I had a Subaru 1800 GL 4WD wagon which had -- shall we say -- made some contact with another vehicle.

When my girlfriend's dad noticed it, I told him "It's custom! It doesn't come like that from the factory!"

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online

No members online now.