Almost made a mess of the Envoy this evening

Mark20

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
A minivan was coming the other way as I was heading home this evening. It was dark out and he had his headlights on. Right after he passed me a deer which I couldn't see on the side of the road bolted. I slammed on the brakes hard enough to fire the anti-locks. I think she cleared the bumper by only a foot or two. I've hit one deer and totaled a car. Don't want to do that to another.

Maybe a half mile before my almost incident at least 4 of the normal 5 township police cars on patrol and an ambulance were in a convenience store parking lot. At first I thought it was a robbery until I noticed they around a car which had a lot of wet under it. Don't know if that driver found a friend of the one I almost hit.

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
Mark20 said:
A minivan was coming the other way as I was heading home this evening. It was dark out and he had his headlights on. Right after he passed me a deer which I couldn't see on the side of the road bolted. I slammed on the brakes hard enough to fire the anti-locks. I think she cleared the bumper by only a foot or two. I've hit one deer and totaled a car. Don't want to do that to another.

Maybe a half mile before my almost incident at least 4 of the normal 5 township police cars on patrol and an ambulance were in a convenience store parking lot. At first I thought it was a robbery until I noticed they around a car which had a lot of wet under it. Don't know if that driver found a friend of the one I almost hit.

Glad everything turned out ok!:yes:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
ive had some of those close calls... makes me s#!+ myself everytime..

glad all is ok man :thumbsup:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Sometimes I kick around the idea of mounting meat cleavers to the front of my truck...

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Glad it turned out ok! they got camels here but thankfully i've never had a close encounter as of today! I've seen an accident of two and the damage is just devastating :frown:

Mark20

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
A camel; man that would be bad. Probably similar to our moose (fortunately they range further north than PA). Most cars can fit their hoods through the legs so the body comes crashing through the windshield. Mythbusters did a segment on them and the results weren't pretty.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Mark20 said:
A camel; man that would be bad. Probably similar to our moose (fortunately they range further north than PA). Most cars can fit their hoods through the legs so the body comes crashing through the windshield. Mythbusters did a segment on them and the results weren't pretty.

Yup it ain't pretty man! They come Smashing in the windshield and roof of big enough! So yup would be the same effect of the moose!

Hope none of us would have to experience it!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Deer were a good portion of why my bumper got the side hoops added...

b4.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evenson1

Members Online