Alignment issues

KilluminatiDre

Original poster
Aug 21, 2014
So theres only two alignments shops around here and I'm in a foreign country, I've only talked to one of the two so far. I lifted my truck and now I have alot of positive camber. The first shop said they cannot adjust the camber without "custom arms". If the second shop will most likely say the same. Is there anything I can do beside letting my tires wear uneven? I know from reading that it can be adjusted with stock arms but I'm sure they just don't know how. Is there maybe a guide that I can give them?

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
To adjust the camber and castor they will loosen the bolts in the lower control arms that hold them to the truck, make the needed adjustments and then tighten them back down. Depending on the amount of your lift you may need to flip your upper control arms over so as to not over extend the ball joints.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

Reactions: dmanns67

KilluminatiDre

Original poster
Aug 21, 2014
BlazingTrails said:
To adjust the camber and castor they will loosen the bolts in the lower control arms that hold them to the truck, make the needed adjustments and then tighten them back down. Depending on the amount of your lift you may need to flip your upper control arms over so as to not over extend the ball joints.

Good Luck :thumbsup:
Ok I will try and do it
djthumper said:
Are you stationed in Japan?
Yep

Reactions: BlazingTrails

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Are the places on base that you are trying to get the alignment done? If they are your best bet would likely be at the Auto Hobby Shop, if it is still an option for you.

KilluminatiDre

Original poster
Aug 21, 2014
djthumper said:
Are the places on base that you are trying to get the alignment done? If they are your best bet would likely be at the Auto Hobby Shop, if it is still an option for you.
We only have one "shop" on base and they don't do alignments at all. The two other places are off base. One is a Japanese shop and the other is owned by an American who outsources his alignments to another Japanese shop. The hobby shop here can only do toe in. I can work on the truck on my own at the hobby shop though. I'm trying to get in contact with someone who has some experience doing alignments here who can possibly give me a hand. Its kinda hard finding someone here, the only people I can think of are the group of guys with the lifted Cherokees.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Try to meet up with some of the guys in Transportation's Vehicle Maintenance shop. A lot of the guys are car enthusiasts as well and willing to give a hand. Some of us use to do side jobs.

KilluminatiDre

Original poster
Aug 21, 2014
Ok I will try and get in contact with one of those guys. I don't know any of them personally but I will try and ask around to see if anyone I know does. Myself and most of the people I know work on aircraft. Btw does anyone happen to have a picture of the exact bolts I need to loosen for camber or will it be flat out obvious when I look at it?

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Since your lifted have you flipped and swapped the upper control arms side to side?? Most lifted guys do that to get better upper balljoint angle. Good luck.

KilluminatiDre

Original poster
Aug 21, 2014
jrSS said:
Since your lifted have you flipped and swapped the upper control arms side to side?? Most lifted guys do that to get better upper balljoint angle. Good luck.
No, I didn't even know about that until just now. Is it necessary?

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
KilluminatiDre said:
No, I didn't even know about that until just now. Is it necessary?
I would say so. Look on offroadtb. Tons of info on this. Hardtrailz or any other lifted guys should chime in on this.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Its completely alignable just need a competent tech.

Reactions: djthumper

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Mine are not flipped, of course I am only lifted 2.5". Do you have a copy of the manual? They are available on this site.

KilluminatiDre

Original poster
Aug 21, 2014
BlazingTrails said:
Lol I mentioned that in post #2 :smile:
lol i totally missed that
djthumper said:
Mine are not flipped, of course I am only lifted 2.5". Do you have a copy of the manual? They are available on this site.
i don't, exactly which manual is this?

KilluminatiDre

Original poster
Aug 21, 2014
Also will the manual tell me exactly which bolts I need to loosen? It's confirmed that I will have to try and do this on my own.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Reactions: KilluminatiDre

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online