Air Filter Box side hose part identification help? Please?

jmonica

Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
Hamburg, NJ
Hi Guys, I'm embarrassed to post this question but I've spent a bunch of time trying to identify this part and find a part number and, well I'm stuck. I'm switching back from a K&N CAI to teh stock Air Filter box setup. My AF box had the plastic side pipe bnroken off so I have to buy a new one on eBay. Also the hose that connects to it was cut, and I need to buy a replacement, and thats the part I can't identify.
I'm looking at the GM Parts list that's posted here (Thank You Mooseman!) and I can't seem to find it. Anywhere.

I have attached a photo with the hose I need circled. And I have posted a screenshot of the page in parts catalog PDF that I would think would show the hose I need but unless I am missing it...???

Can anyone help steer me in the right direction towards finding this hose? I will be eternally grateful... Thank You in advance!

Attachments

• Af Box Hose.jpg
    Af Box Hose.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 7
  • AF Parts pdf.jpg
    AF Parts pdf.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 7

jmonica

Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
Hamburg, NJ
Or maybe just what the hose might be called? I can't believe there's this little information about it online and I think that's because
A) I'm an idiot and I don't know what to call it, hence what to search for.
and
B) i dont think it's something that really "wears out" so I'm guessing few people ever have to replace it.
Thanks again!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That's the air supply hose for the SAIS. Most of us here just delete that system since it's just a money pit and mostly useless. I'd advise you to do the same. Just put a block off plate at the SAIS valve on the head and have the codes for it turned off via a tune. @limequat does it for $99 at lime-swap.com. You can also have other improvements done at the same time.

Reactions: jmonica

jmonica

Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
Hamburg, NJ
Thanks Mooseman! Quick question. Right now that hose is just hanging out by the airfilter. Not connected since the AF box doesn't have the pipe to connect it to. Do you think it's ok to drive it like that for now? I still have several other codes to work on and so if I can ignore that for now, it's one less thing to worry about for the time being. I think I'll get the tune done once and if I ever get it running right again but im.starting to lose confidence.

I had one done by pcmforless a long time ago. Man, it really made it come alive. It wasn't even a very hot tune. Unfortunately, I blew a head gasket while under warranty and the dealership reset the PCM.

I always wondered if the tune is what caused the head gasket problem, but who knows.

I'm going to do some research and see what else a tune can do for me. I really wish it could solve the passlock problem. I never know when I'm not going to be able to start the vehicle and ots caused me all kinds of problems. I have to leave 40 minutes early ever place i go because ot may take 4 cycles before ot starts. Its never taken more than 4, but who knows what's next.
There seems to be no easy answer or guaranteed way to fix it. It seems like everything I read is just speculation.

The last time I scanned the car, it said something about it being in programming mode. Now the security light just stays on after a few minutes.

Anyway sorry for getting sidetracked.

Thank you again!!!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I really wish it could solve the passlock problem.
Yes it can! The PCM can be instructed to ignore the Passlock. All you get is a flashing lock symbol.

Right now that hose is just hanging out by the airfilter. Not connected since the AF box doesn't have the pipe to connect it to. Do you think it's ok to drive it like that for now?
I think so unless it ingests something big. All it does is supply air to the air pump that adds air to the exhaust during warmup. That's the vacuum sound you hear when you start it. That's the only thing it does.

Here's some more reading for you:

Removing Secondary Air Injection System
Air Check Valve delete parts: GM 2574378 & GM 24577193 ...
SAIS gasket (Reasons to delete SAIS and tune)
Question about having PCM tuned

The last time I scanned the car, it said something about it being in programming mode. Now the security light just stays on after a few minutes.
Maybe it just needs a security relearn:

huge problem after PCM update / calibration (PCM Security Relearn)

Reactions: jmonica

jmonica

Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
Hamburg, NJ
Yes it can! The PCM can be instructed to ignore the Passlock. All you get is a flashing lock symbol.

I think so unless it ingests something big. All it does is supply air to the air pump that adds air to the exhaust during warmup. That's the vacuum sound you hear when you start it. That's the only thing it does.

Here's some more reading for you:

Removing Secondary Air Injection System
Air Check Valve delete parts: GM 2574378 & GM 24577193 ...
SAIS gasket (Reasons to delete SAIS and tune)
Question about having PCM tuned

Maybe it just needs a security relearn:

huge problem after PCM update / calibration (PCM Security Relearn)
Ok thank You. That whining sound is crazy. The first time I heard it I thought maybe the starter was spinning out of control.

Maybe I'll put some kind of filter or screen over the hose end for now, just to prevent anything big from getting in there.

I'm going to read up on what you posted. Thank You again!!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chriswilson5585

Members Online