Ahhyeah's 2005 Trailblazer EXT from Ankeny, Iowa

ahhyeah

Original poster
Dec 20, 2014
Hey guys, I'm really excited to join this forum. I used to be a big part of the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club Forum back in the day when I had an Avalanche. I'd love to have one again but it won't hold my family so I went with a Trailblazer. I also have a Suburban that my wife drives.

I bought the Trailblazer through my grandpa who's a wholesale car dealer. He bought it at an auction and got a great deal. It has a salvage title from being stolen in NY at about 35,000 miles. It wasn't in an accident but they did tear out the headliner to remove the GPS Tracking. They also stole the front and rear emblems off. Really, that is all I need to repair. It had a headliner in it but was tore up. After a very long search, I found a Trailblazer being parted out in the Chicago area on Craigslist. $100 + $212 freight shipping.

In the wrecked vehicle:

IMG_1458-465x349.jpg
IMG_1521-261x349.jpg

Installed in my vehicle:

IMG_1695-465x349.jpg

So, here's what it looks like right now, missing emblems.

IMG_17041-465x349.jpg

I have lots of plans thanks to this forum, trailvoy and offroadtb forum. Not sure which forum is most active so I'm posting in all three to see what response I get. My biggest plans are to go with a lift/whee/tire setup like this one:

IMG_1580-465x349.jpg

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
:tiphat: Welcome to GMTNation! GMTNation and ORTB are the two most active forums that I have found that specializes in Trailblazers. TrailVoy...well let's just say GMTNation was started from old users from TrailVoy. :ugh:

If you have any questions at all about your vehicle, feel free to post up a thread!

Another thing we encourage as you start modding, is to post up a build thread here.

Happy modding!! :biggrin:

Reactions: Capote

ahhyeah

Original poster
Dec 20, 2014
Thanks! I will start a build thread! Thanks for the link. Aarkon, we'll have to meet up! Are there many meet ups around here? I used to do them with my Avalanche.

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
Next year when it warms up we are hoping to get a decent meet going in iowa. So far its just me and matt that get together. Ya we will definitely have to get together sometime

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
[emoji2] Welcome to the Nation! [emoji1]
A lil tip, don't use Trailvoy ever again, that place is an evil wasteland

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome to GMTNation.

For your overall needs GMTNation is the place for most things on the Trailblazer. For the off-road side of the platform ORTB has that all covered. Some of us are active on both.

Reactions: Capote

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Howdy there partner!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online