After doing drl killer for hids...

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
After doing drl killer I have no cruise control , traction control light is on and heat always blowing at face even wen a.c. is on (no matter where I put blower at and speed). This certainly sucks. We did the drl killer in the bcm of course. (Regulator and I). So did we fry something?? Please...this sucks and I wanna find some sort of solution. Everything worked fine b4 doing drl killer.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Without being there to see what you guys did, no pic to see what you're setup currently looks like, assistance is a tad limited. Did you undo your DRL killer and see if things return to full function?

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Regulator is supposed to comment on this and help out too. We basically have been trying to figure out why all this happened for 2 days. And yes we did switch the drl killer mod back to where it was and got nothing... we followed the drl killer mod of a guy on trailvoy. Don't remember his name. Reg. Knows ois name . Hopefully he will chime in soon. I can post pics tomorrow after I get off work. This really sucks

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Im just going to put this one here because the Heat sounds like hell, PULL YOUR HVAC FUSE!

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
:thumbup: will do.

The hvac fuse is in the bcm correct?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
When you said the heat blows out of the dash vents no matter what, did you mean the temperature doesn't change as well, and you don't get AC? If you guys disconnected your battery, you could have lost the mode and temp actuators. Whatever is causing the traction control light to come on, is probably preventing the cruise control from activating. Not sure what could be triggering that to come on though. :confused:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
silvernclean said:
The hvac fuse is in the bcm correct?

Yes there is 2 I believe they will cut your HVAC power so you wont get heat every time you drive until its fixed.

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Blckshdw said:
When you said the heat blows out of the dash vents no matter what, did you mean the temperature doesn't change as well, and you don't get AC? If you guys disconnected your battery, you could have lost the mode and temp actuators. Whatever is causing the traction control light to come on, is probably preventing the cruise control from activating. Not sure what could be triggering that to come on though. :confused:

Yea....if I turn the a.c. on and turn the air to cool still hot ass air in my face. If I change the blower to the defrost or to the feet still hot air on the face. Damn it. Ahhhhhh. Lol

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Hmm, pulling the HVAC fuse may bring them back, but your actuators may be toast... Fingers will be crossed for you.

RearFuseBlock1.jpg

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
You may have blown a fuse while doing the original mod, while your in there pulling HVAC fuses, check the rest. Also, look at the fuse panel under the hood for a blown fuse.

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ok. Got air and shit to work. Yay!!!blown fuse in bcm with hvac. Now gotta figure out the cruise and traction control shit. Lol. THANKS brothers!!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Well if you blew your HVAC fuses during the process, then it makes sense that you could have blown some other things too. Not sure which one, maybe one of the TBC fuses? :undecided:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Damn we are geniuses hahahaha well don't stop there get some needle nose or a fuse puller and check them ALL!

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Also sounds like you and regulator need to stop tackling these projects while your drunk. Some people can do it, but some just cant :rotfl:

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Gotta admit. Just a little. Haha. Well pulled all the fuses didn't find anymore. So.....I wonder if the wheel position sensor went bad and is messing with the traction control and the cruise control. Hmmmm any thoughts??

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Possible, Is it just the traction control light your D.I.C isnt putting up a SERVICE STABILITRAK message?

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Well I don't have the d i c but...I have the generic form of it that says it needs to be serviced. ( the stabilitrak). But gotta go to bed. So I'll post more after work. Thanks guys!! At least I've got air.

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Well pulled every fuse and found none bad BUT driving to work this morning and everything WORKS!! ALRIGHT!!!! Thanks agains fellas!!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
All's well that ends well I guess. Glad everything worked out.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I can tell you that this truck really had me puzzled this weekend. I followed an older how to for DRL killer using a relay and tapping into a few wires in the BCM. I checked and re checked my wiring and everything was correct. I even had the author of the article on the phone with me and walked through the whole process and made sure everything was correct.

I think the end result was that I obviously blew a fuse, which resulted in the HVAC system not operating correctly. As for the Cruise & Traction Control, I think that was an issue with the mod. The original version that I followed had me getting power for the relay from a solid white wire, after talking to the author he had me move the power to the actual power source for the fuse box. It seems that having the power from the white wire was causing mysterious things for people so he made the change. I believe that is what the issue was.

In any event, all is well and everything is functioning!

STLtrailbSS said:
Also sounds like you and regulator need to stop tackling these projects while your drunk. Some people can do it, but some just cant :rotfl:

blasphemy, I did everything correct! This was not an alcohol related mistake. :raspberry:

ghenny440

Dec 14, 2011
sorry that my ORIGINAL schematic came up guys but also glad i could help you guys out, i wrote a write up for gippy on his thread if you guys ever need to refresh your memory helpin someone else out, or if regulator still has my number you can shoot me a text, and i will help much as someone can from the phone

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
All is good. Just glad there is a site that can do mods such as this and people to help u out when things didn't go as planned.

ghenny440

Dec 14, 2011
silvernclean said:
All is good. Just glad there is a site that can do mods such as this and people to help u out when things didn't go as planned.

AMEN! the other site in which we dont speak its name:lipsrsealed::rotfl: used to be like that i hadnt been on there in a long while and juan was tellin me it was all jacked up no one helps and the ones that do have no clue what they are doin with these trucks(hacks i say) the roadie has helped me out quite a few times also, so i just pay it forward when i can

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Regulator said:
The original version that I followed had me getting power for the relay from a solid white wire

Was that from the article that had the typo that never got fixed? I think it said the white wire "tests 0v with switch off, 12v with switch on" but the wire was actually grounded with the switch on. That burned me once too.:frown:

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Hehe. That sucked lol. But here is a day time pic of the hid's with auto fogs. Fogs look so outta place I had reg disable auto fog mod.
ad6c012c-098d-ed6e.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
silvernclean said:
Hehe. That sucked lol. But here is a day time pic of the hid's with auto fogs. Fogs look so outta place I had reg disable auto fog mod.
ad6c012c-098d-ed6e.jpg

You gonna drop some Silverstars or something in the fogs, or get HIDs for them later? Hell, even some LED bulbs would be better. :cool:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
MAY03LT said:
Was that from the article that had the typo that never got fixed? I think it said the white wire "tests 0v with switch off, 12v with switch on" but the wire was actually grounded with the switch on. That burned me once too.:frown:

Yes sir, that was the article in question. F-ing thing had me really concerned that I did something wrong and screwed up his truck. So happy that I could make a couple phone calls and solve the problem.

Jeff, no one wants to see your purple lights. :tongue:

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
That would be a great idea. Will led's fit the socket?

They r not purple. I like to call them. "Light lavender". Lol

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
silvernclean said:
Regulator said:
... Jeff, no one wants to see your purple lights. :tongue:

They r not purple. I like to call them. "Light lavender". Lol

:laugh: Well, I don't know if you can find "light lavender" LED bulbs, but an 880 is the size you'd wanna look for. Good luck with that... :tongue:

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Lol. I will buy some hid fogs. Anyone wanna install em for me?? Lol. :smile:D @regulator)

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
silvernclean said:
Lol. I will buy some hid fogs. Anyone wanna install em for me?? Lol. :smile:D @regulator)

Regulators Guide To Installing Fogs
Difficulty: about a 5.178
Time: 4-7 Hours

What You Need
A good amount of beer. Ok move on

Tools
Whatever you can find in my garage but not limited to chainsaws drill presses and 1inch impacts

Process
First challenge SilvenClean to a drinking contest until someone is borderline passed out

Then continue your competition to your fog lights to see who can install the fastest . This is where the chainsaws and impacts will save you time :thumbsup:

If they lights don't work first time around, continue to blame silver and his faulty wiring.

:rotfl:

ahahahah Thats all in good funs guys dont be offended glad you got it figured out! Lovin The Nation! :wootwoot:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Blckshdw said:
You gonna drop some Silverstars or something in the fogs, or get HIDs for them later? Hell, even some LED bulbs would be better. :cool:

I have the same issue with my fogs lol they look soooooo bad with the HID's that something needs to be done and quickly. What wattage and Kelvin did you get for your lights? They look really good.

Edit- They do not look purple nor lavender to me anyways, and you took your VHT off?? They looked so good!!!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
STLtrailbSS said:
Regulators Guide To Installing Fogs
Difficulty: about a 5.178
Time: 4-7 Hours

What You Need
A good amount of beer. Ok move on

Tools
Whatever you can find in my garage but not limited to chainsaws drill presses and 1inch impacts

Process
First challenge SilvenClean to a drinking contest until someone is borderline passed out

Then continue your competition to your fog lights to see who can install the fastest . This is where the chainsaws and impacts will save you time :thumbsup:

If they lights don't work first time around, continue to blame silver and his faulty wiring.

:rotfl:

ahahahah Thats all in good funs guys dont be offended glad you got it figured out! Lovin The Nation! :wootwoot:

Someone needs to bring some of that apple pie!! :yes: :Lager Louts:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Yellower light functions better for fogs. Just saying...

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Voymom said:
I have the same issue with my fogs lol they look soooooo bad with the HID's that something needs to be done and quickly. What wattage and Kelvin did you get for your lights? They look really good.

Edit- They do not look purple nor lavender to me anyways, and you took your VHT off?? They looked so good!!!

I have 10000k for the highs w/ the 35w. And 6000k for lows 35w. And yea cleared over the original lens and long story short f***ed up one lens. Bought reg.'s extra set from him. So I am planning on just totally blacking out the other pair just for shits and giggles.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Damn, I can feel the love in this thread! I follow an old, and out dated DRL killer mod and all of a sudden I am the drunk using an impact to install HID's? :frown:

I have mod-ed many members trucks on this site before with no issues. That damn truck gave me a 3 day migraine because I was so concerned as to what happened. At least in the end we were able to get it figured out and all is well.

By the way, anyone that has been around me while working on these vehicles will tell you, my favorite tools in my box are my BFH and Pickle fork not the chainsaw and impacts. View attachment 19897

Attachments

• finger.gif
    finger.gif
    986 bytes · Views: 27

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
All In good fun reg if you watched all my repair attempts you would have a lot better material then some blown fuses trust me. :thumbsup: I would let you work on the SS anytime. Just a joke Im not calling you a bad mechanic!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online

No members online now.