ABS pump

ghenny440

Original poster
Dec 14, 2011
I have an abs light on on my 03 trailblazer with the 4.2 with 4 wheel drive it is the short wheel base, i had it scanned and have found it to have a C0267 code, pump motor circuit open. Had my mechanic look at it and he has a buddy with a high end snap on scan tool he used, and he got my mechanic the schematic for the pump to check all grounds. It came back the pump is bad as i already assumed this. So my question is when i order the new pump is there an RPO code i need to check on the glove box or just to make sure its one with or without traction control as my trailblazer does NOT have a traction control button.
All help is appreciated guys thanks in advance

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
I have an abs light on on my 03 trailblazer with the 4.2 with 4 wheel drive it is the short wheel base, i had it scanned and have found it to have a C0267 code, pump motor circuit open. Had my mechanic look at it and he has a buddy with a high end snap on scan tool he used, and he got my mechanic the schematic for the pump to check all grounds. It came back the pump is bad as i already assumed this. So my question is when i order the new pump is there an RPO code i need to check on the glove box or just to make sure its one with or without traction control as my trailblazer does NOT have a traction control button.
All help is appreciated guys thanks in advance

Would you happen to know if this specific ground was checked? It has long been known to be trouble. There is even a TSB about it that recommends replacing the terminal and hardware. It is the primary ground for the pump.

IMG_20191207_131550.jpg

Reactions: ghenny440

ghenny440

Original poster
Dec 14, 2011
Would you happen to know if this specific ground was checked? It has long been known to be trouble. There is even a TSB about it that recommends replacing the terminal and hardware. It is the primary ground for the pump.

View attachment 99324
If that's the one under the drivers door, yes, removed the bolt(it broke) cleaned to bare metal like in the pic, drilled new hole added new nut and bolt to ground and sprayed battery spray(red battery grease in spray can) over it and checked continuity all was good.

Reactions: TJBaker57

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I don't think there's anything special about the pump. They're the same from 02-05. Only 06+ have the traction control/Stabilitrak.

Reactions: ghenny440

ghenny440

Original poster
Dec 14, 2011
I don't think there's anything special about the pump. They're the same from 02-05. Only 06+ have the traction control/Stabilitrak.
Thanks buddy! I wasnt sure havent even really known anyone at all that has had to replace one

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online