A Few Caliper Questions

Up And Down

Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
Hey guys, just jumped over here recently from the "other" site. I have a few questions about the calipers on the GMT360 platform. Are the calipers themselves the same on both the 4.2L SWB and EXT versions of these trucks? I seem to remember reading somewhere that the difference is only the rotors and caliper brackets, but not the calipers themselves. Is this correct? If the difference is only the brackets and rotors, do most people here replace the brackets when they swap out a sticky caliper or is it not necessary? Thanks in advance for any information.

tblazerdude

Dec 4, 2011
A lot of new calipers come with brackets now a days. If the caliper is bad you do not need to replace the bracket, unless it is damaged/malfunctioning. The calipers are the same on swb/ext models.

lint

Dec 4, 2011
'' EXT the calipers are the same but the rotors are almost an inch bigger and the brackets are taller to space the caliper'' Thats what I saw on another site. I was going to put bigger on the front of mine, but couldn't find a wrecked EXT.. If thats what your asking. And I think that is correct .

Up And Down

Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
lint said:
'' EXT the calipers are the same but the rotors are almost an inch bigger and the brackets are taller to space the caliper'' Thats what I saw on another site. I was going to put bigger on the front of mine, but couldn't find a wrecked EXT.. If thats what you were asking. And I think that is correct .

Thanks lint.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chriswilson5585

Members Online