A difference between GMTNation and TrailVoy - we actually welcome new members!

The_Roadie

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Somebody on the OS took offense recently to a bit of recruiting that was done in a roundabout way. Said we must be "desperate" for new members to have to resort to poaching noobs from trailvoy.

Here's pretty good proof we're not "desperate" as the number of replies to New Member Introduction threads shows. (Many of their intro threads have one reply only because of that recruiting type of reply recently.)

Here: View attachment 19865

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 21

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Yes we are "desperate" We only have the top contributors of the old site and more.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yes. We are desperate to help out people with their problems by giving accurate and timely information

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I'm not going to get my panties all in a twist, the person stating that we are desperate will soon be eating his own words, I'm sure of it! I bet he changes names and comes on over, OR it's simply a "spare" account that one of the staff has made to try to hold on to the members they are quickly losing.

Wish they would pull their heads out of their asses and see that we are only trying to help them by bringing them here....but i'm sure they will figure it out on their own.

P.S.- I think I'm proof enough! I came here a little more than a month ago, and feel like I have just been reunited with my long lost brothers and sisters! The OS can suck it!!! :raspberry:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
All the more reason to keep recruiting.. they all have the sam questions we once had.. so I know they need our help..

But to the bastard saying that we're desperate.. ta hell with him :crackup:

The_Roadie

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Voymom said:
Wish they would pull their heads out of their asses and see that we are only trying to help them by bringing them here....
You forget that Vertical Scope cares NOTHING for the individual members or the problems that drive new ones to discover the site and ask for help. They are not in it to help the member community! They exist only as parasites to sell ads to advertisers and LIVE OFF THE COMMUNITY BY DRAINING IT.
The OS can suck it!!! :raspberry:
Perceptive. :thumbsup: Took us a lot longer hoping VS would improve before it got bad enough to start this site.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
the roadie said:
You forget that Vertical Scope cares NOTHING for the individual members or the problems that drive new ones to discover the site and ask for help. They are not in it to help the member community! They exist only as parasites to sell ads to advertisers and LIVE OFF THE COMMUNITY BY DRAINING IT. Perceptive. :thumbsup: Took us a lot longer hoping VS would improve before it got bad enough to start this site.

I had to figure it out the hard way, that the OS and those surrounding it care nothing about the community there. The little e-mails I got from the mods telling me they missed me AFTER I came here seemed more than a bit desperate. Seriously? I was there maybe 2-3 days and I am suddenly missed? Pfft wtf ever lol. If I really let my personality come out on the OS I would have gotten the ban-hammer the very first day, in fact I was a bit scared seeing everyone as "No longer with us" WTF did they do...have a forum drive-by and shoot everyone? Made me wary of the forum honestly and I wasn't exactly comfortable there, but when I was recruited here, I was a bit worried...I wasn't sure if that's what happened to everyone else. Like a trap, "come to this forum, and when you do, we will fry the very hard drive your computer needs to run :tongue:

So when I logged on here for the first time, I did so on the hubby's laptop instead of mine but shhhh don't tell him lol :biggrin:

jdoorn14

Mar 24, 2012
It looks to me like they are too busy creating shill accounts to thank the OS members (themselves) for the great info. :no:

There are more of those in the introductions than I have ever seen before.

hitman

Jan 25, 2012
BoBsSS was the one who brought me from the OS and im glad he did was not to long after i signed onto TV and as a matter of fact not long after i got my TB he sent me a Pm telling me about this site and im glad i joined...my truck has had a fair number of problems but thanks to the help of members on here im getting the kinks out... keep it up everone because soon will go from old site to no site :wootwoot:

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
the roadie said:
The poor deluded ones who didn't move over probably think THEY were the glue that held the place together. :rotfl:

The nooberators look like they've given up on their unpaid, thankless jobs.

View attachment 5372

So now PM are actually Private? No GMTNation censorship?

I haven't visited the OS in awhile. Ghost town now. Damn curiosity got me!!

Members: 103,786
Threads: 87,330
Top Poster: the roadie (26,182)

Currently Active Users: 1545 (95 members and 1450 guests)

The_Roadie

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Canadian Mike said:
So now PM are actually Private? No GMTNation censorship?
The automatic censorship is still active, in PMs and in posting. Only the owner's admins should have been able to read PMs personally and see if people were being sneaky, but the admins can do anything. It's their server, after all.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Can't.

Just do what I did. Clear out your profile and remove your bookmarks.

Or, put GMT Nation .com in your sig (with the spaces or it will be filtered), and see how long it takes them to ban you :rotfl:

I suspect actually that it wouldn't happen anymore since the "mods" are now MIA.

The only real reason I didn't push the issue too far is I wanted to keep access to articles that hadn't quite made it here yet. The thing is, when I look back, I did several things that I am very surprised that they didn't ban me for (changed my avatar and sig a couple times to mention where I went, publicly mentioned their dirty tactics which they deleted), while others were nuked for less. Maybe they liked me for some reason... whoa, now I feel like I'm contaminated or something :eek:

Now I'm getting off topic as I so easily do, so I'll stop here. Back to your scheduled programming :crazy:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online