A/C stinks, 1Z Einszett Klima-Cleaner A/C Treatment?

DgTerrell

Original poster
May 22, 2012
As of late my AC has been giving off a moldy aroma. At times it gets so bad that I have to turn it off because it's given me a headache. (I'm sensitive, I know). I've done my research and seen that other people have had this problem as well. Most solved their problem with cleaning out a clogged AC drain. I've checked and my tube was clear. The other reason I've found people have a stench is from mold on the evaporator. I've read that this can be fixed by spraying a cleaner that treats this problem into the center vents and goes onto the evap to cure the problem. I've found that the best product for this is 1Z Einszett Kilma Cleaner.

On the product website,( Klima-Cleaner Air Conditioner Odor Eliminator | einszett Car Care Products ) it says for recommended professional application only. I'm not really sure why it says that when the directions look so simple. It also says for certain vehicle makes, but doesn't have a list of which ones. Does anybody know if I'm safe to apply this stuff to my Trailblazer?

There's two different ways you can apply. The first is to spray it through the center vents How to apply einszett Klima-Cleaner and the 2nd is for a more direct application How to apply einszett Klima-Cleaner - Professional Application. I would like to do the professional apply. How hard is it to get to the blower motor fins to spray? Or am I just as well off to do the easier application?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

shrek77

Mar 30, 2012
There is a video on youtube where a guy uses lysol to spray down in the windshield ducts. It kills all the mold and mildew... [video=youtube;VrVc_FXrbHY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrVc_FXrbHY[/video] :thumbsup:

jason43080

Jun 20, 2012
Birmingham
My A/C didn't smell moldy really but it did have a musty odor coming from it, that was the main reason I decided to do the cabin filter mod. I'm not familiar with the cleaner you're referring to so I can't give too much advice on it specifically. When I cut the slot in the plastic box to install the filters it gave me access to the evaporator, I sprayed throttle body cleaner on it and it cleaned off the dirt in funk in minutes. I put in some filters with charcoal and baking soda and it's now so fresh and so clean. Just throwing the idea of maybe throwing in a cabin filter after you clean it out real well to keep the funk from getting on the evaporator.

DgTerrell

Original poster
May 22, 2012
shrek77 said:
There is a video on youtube where a guy uses lysol to spray down in the windshield ducts. It kills all the mold and mildew... [video=youtube;VrVc_FXrbHY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrVc_FXrbHY[/video] :thumbsup:

Haha I've seen one of that guys videos before. He's a bit...eccentric. Thing is, on his method, he said it's something you continue to do 3 or 4 times in the summer. The product I'm talking about is specifically made to get rid of the problem. I've read on my google search results that's it's the same thing dealerships use. I'm just curious if it's safe to spray down the center vents like you do for other cars, or if the Trailblazer evap is set up in a different place than those cars and if spraying it in the vents would end up going to a place it doesn't need to go. The product site did say "On certain vehicle makes, damage may occur if product is not applied properly". Thanks for the video though, it may be something I do if I don't have any of the Kilma-Cleaner on hand.

DgTerrell

Original poster
May 22, 2012
jason43080 said:
My A/C didn't smell moldy really but it did have a musty odor coming from it, that was the main reason I decided to do the cabin filter mod. I'm not familiar with the cleaner you're referring to so I can't give too much advice on it specifically. When I cut the slot in the plastic box to install the filters it gave me access to the evaporator, I sprayed throttle body cleaner on it and it cleaned off the dirt in funk in minutes. I put in some filters with charcoal and baking soda and it's now so fresh and so clean. Just throwing the idea of maybe throwing in a cabin filter after you clean it out real well to keep the funk from getting on the evaporator.

Thanks for reminding me of that mod. That could really help in the future. May get on that later on in the week. The remains of Hurricane Issac just left from this afternoon. Humidity was 90%. That, plus the humidity from living out in the woods of Kentucky, it's no wonder I have a moldy smell coming through!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online

No members online now.