9-7X Cross Bars

Calsride

Original poster
Oct 13, 2012
Tittle says it. What cross bars should I use and would the other platforms fit? My 2007 did not come with them. It happens that the place I purchased my 9-7X also had 2 Raniers with cross's bars. The racks look identical. Opinions please.:undecided:

Instrumental

Jan 29, 2012
I've wondered this as well, used to throw suitcases on the roof of my Aztek when the wife overpacked. Would be a great option now if I could find the right bars.

Calsride

Original poster
Oct 13, 2012
Instrumental said:
I've wondered this as well, used to throw suitcases on the roof of my Aztek when the wife overpacked. Would be a great option now if I could find the right bars.

Thanks Insrtumental. I hope some of the other owners could chime in.
I saw a set offered on that big site that begins with an A but would really like to hear other owners opinions.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
I dont have a 9-7x but I do have the roof rails on my truck. When we travel out of town and ehen we have alot of stuff I wanted to be able to use the roof to save space inside so I bought these off ebay and they work great. Comes with locks and key to lock in position you want them.
View attachment 23405

Attachments

• IMAG0190.jpg
    IMAG0190.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 16

Calsride

Original poster
Oct 13, 2012
TexazReece said:
I dont have a 9-7x but I do have the roof rails on my truck. When we travel out of town and ehen we have alot of stuff I wanted to be able to use the roof to save space inside so I bought these off ebay and they work great. Comes with locks and key to lock in position you want them.
View attachment 9988

Thanks TexazReece: The thing about the 9-7X is it has the integrated chrome like rails that are very sharp looking. I know I read about some of the members wanting to transplant those rails to the TB & Envoy for a different profile. I wander what the original option crossbars looked like.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
I remember when I was looking for the 9-7x rails. I also was trying to get the cross bars but I figured out that there were none made for them, were more for looks I guess. So that's when I purchased the ones i posted + $40 free shipping can't beat that lol

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
I've got the 9-7x and one of the last Rainier made both with the slick looking rails. I didn't realize the cross bars were a dealer option. Never used the rack on either or our currents or our previous 04 Rainier that had the old school black rack.

Calsride

Original poster
Oct 13, 2012
Thanks KJUST.
Now I wish you could help me find the MF that backed out of an angled parking spot and sideswiped my car denting the rear quarter panel and breaking the Drivers side tail.....Look out!:mad:

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Damn I've been without Mayo since Tuesday due to an idiot running into left side of rear bumper.......damn I miss my truck. Def have to lookout for idiots driving :hissyfit:

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Oh that just sucks. All the body parts for the 9-7s are hard to come by or at least so I've heard. I'd be interested to hear how the repairs go.
I never, ever park next to another car even it I walk for a block and its -30f unless absolutely necessary like at the airport which is where they like to ding you pulling their luggage out of the back seats. I have private, climate controlled parking at the office so nobody can get near me which has helped my cars the last several years.
I had almost that same damage happen to me a few cars ago and I recall how pissed I was and I even made an accident report for insurance.
Another time I parked way out of the way in a hotel parking lot in the dead of winter to come out and find someone lost control of their suv and had caved the side of the car in. I was so far out of the way I couldn't believe it happened and amazingly the person who hit it reported it and there was a police report under the windshield.
My wife hates driving with me bc I also park her Rainier far away as well since we keep our cars for sometimes 10 years.
End of the day people suck sometimes and their poor upbringing and lack of ethics shows.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spellman1989

Members Online