9-7X AWD not working, Tech 2 says "multiple motor control attempted"

dkvasnicka

Original poster
Jul 24, 2015
Czech republic, Europe
Yep, I have some driving to do tomorrow so I'll try that.

I'm inclined to believe you're right because I bought the DashCommand app for iPhone and paid for the support for GM-specific PIDs and even that didn't read anything regarding ABS and Stabilitrak (and I know it works because it pulled some old stored codes related to ECU malfunctions I experienced some time ago that were otherwise unavailable, without paying for GM-specific stuff). However, AFAIK the codes for wheel speed sensors are not manufacturer-specific and belong to the standard set of OBD DTCs for chassis, so it really should show something if it indeed was a real malfunction.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
A bluetooth OBD reader with Car Gauge Pro for Android could read those codes. Regular OBD reader won't.

My stabilitrak is the same, acts up when it's cold.

The whirring is normal. It will engage and disengage continuously. Mine did that when my rear differential broke.

I don't know what tell you about the ABS. Need the code read to be sure.

dkvasnicka

Original poster
Jul 24, 2015
Czech republic, Europe
A bluetooth OBD reader with Car Gauge Pro for Android could read those codes. Regular OBD reader won't.

Do you mean BT ELM327? It's still the same chip, just a different means of communication, isn't it? Or do you know BT dongles that contain some more featureful chip?
CGP could definitely know some secret PIDs, though.
Wait, or is it just that CGP cannot do wifi? :biggrin:

Of course the lights went out after like 100 meters... :biggrin: :Lager Louts::bonk:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yes, an ELM327. I don't know about wifi versions but I know that BT works. Heck, even got a code for the relay I pulled for the headlight washers.

Btw, you can cancel the stabilitrak light by turning the key ad if trying to start it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online