5.3 parts truck in Iowa

Charley12

Well-Known Member
He has it listed as 6 cylinders... is it for sure a 5.3? I'm watching it. I'm guessing I won't buy but I'm going to go as far as the wife will allow!!
 

ddgm

Well-Known Member
Charley12 said:
He has it listed as 6 cylinders... is it for sure a 5.3? I'm watching it. I'm guessing I won't buy but I'm going to go as far as the wife will allow!!
One of the pictures definately shows it's an I6. I'm thinking it's overpriced as well.
 
OP
OP
northcreek

northcreek

Well-Known Member
ddgm said:
One of the pictures definately shows it's an I6. I'm thinking it's overpriced as well.
Huh...he originally had 5.3 in the now amended title but, like a dumb ass I never looked at the pic of the engine.It also says V6 in the description? so obviously this guy is just flipping this thing and doesn't know much about it.
 

Playsinsnow

Well-Known Member
northcreek said:
Could be a good deal to the right person,can't see if it's 2 or 4wd....Mike.
GMC : Envoy XL in GMC | eBay Motors
So insurance totals it out? And he gets the truck back. No title? Wtf. Airbags intact, no frame damage, drives?!? Can't be too hard to title it? :confused:


Might get more if he ACTUALLY parted it out himself. Can't imagine making much trying to flip it. Maybe some backwoods garage will.
 

TollKeeper

Well-Known Member
If I had seen this sooner, I would have bought it. My brother is needing a bigger vehicle. his Rav4 is just not cutting it.

Looks like the airbags blew, but the front end damage looks to be an easy fix..
 

DocBrown

Well-Known Member
Run away! No title! I'm not sure about laws in other states but a scrap yard or recycling yard cannot take a junk vehicle without a title in WI. They can lose their license for doing that. So what would someone do with this after they strip the parts? Leave it in the front yard as a lawn ornament? And if you could bring it back to life, you can't title it without a title signed by the previous owner.
 
OP
OP
northcreek

northcreek

Well-Known Member
DocBrown said:
Run away! No title! I'm not sure about laws in other states but a scrap yard or recycling yard cannot take a junk vehicle without a title in WI. They can lose their license for doing that. So what would someone do with this after they strip the parts? Leave it in the front yard as a lawn ornament? And if you could bring it back to life, you can't title it without a title signed by the previous owner.
You would cut it up and scrap it in pieces ,in pieces it's just scrap parts...Mike
 

DocBrown

Well-Known Member
northcreek said:
You would cut it up and scrap it in pieces ,in pieces it's just scrap parts...Mike
I suppose. If you have a lot of time on your hands.
 

Sparky

Moderator
Why no title? Fishy. I would NEVER buy a vehicle without a title, bill of sale or not. Buy the truck, he keeps the title, then reports it as you stole it? How much you wanna bet :no:
 

Online statistics

Members online
2
Guests online
73
Total visitors
75

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
19,422
Messages
579,987
Answered questions
1
Members
12,160
Latest member
pleasegodhelp
Top Bottom