5.3 parts truck in Iowa

Charley12

Mar 23, 2013
He has it listed as 6 cylinders... is it for sure a 5.3? I'm watching it. I'm guessing I won't buy but I'm going to go as far as the wife will allow!!

ddgm

May 7, 2013
Charley12 said:
He has it listed as 6 cylinders... is it for sure a 5.3? I'm watching it. I'm guessing I won't buy but I'm going to go as far as the wife will allow!!

One of the pictures definately shows it's an I6. I'm thinking it's overpriced as well.

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
ddgm said:
One of the pictures definately shows it's an I6. I'm thinking it's overpriced as well.

Huh...he originally had 5.3 in the now amended title but, like a dumb ass I never looked at the pic of the engine.It also says V6 in the description? so obviously this guy is just flipping this thing and doesn't know much about it.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
northcreek said:
Could be a good deal to the right person,can't see if it's 2 or 4wd....Mike.
GMC : Envoy XL in GMC | eBay Motors

So insurance totals it out? And he gets the truck back. No title? Wtf. Airbags intact, no frame damage, drives?!? Can't be too hard to title it? :confused:

Might get more if he ACTUALLY parted it out himself. Can't imagine making much trying to flip it. Maybe some backwoods garage will.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
If I had seen this sooner, I would have bought it. My brother is needing a bigger vehicle. his Rav4 is just not cutting it.

Looks like the airbags blew, but the front end damage looks to be an easy fix..

DocBrown

Dec 8, 2011
Run away! No title! I'm not sure about laws in other states but a scrap yard or recycling yard cannot take a junk vehicle without a title in WI. They can lose their license for doing that. So what would someone do with this after they strip the parts? Leave it in the front yard as a lawn ornament? And if you could bring it back to life, you can't title it without a title signed by the previous owner.

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
DocBrown said:
Run away! No title! I'm not sure about laws in other states but a scrap yard or recycling yard cannot take a junk vehicle without a title in WI. They can lose their license for doing that. So what would someone do with this after they strip the parts? Leave it in the front yard as a lawn ornament? And if you could bring it back to life, you can't title it without a title signed by the previous owner.

You would cut it up and scrap it in pieces ,in pieces it's just scrap parts...Mike

DocBrown

Dec 8, 2011
northcreek said:
You would cut it up and scrap it in pieces ,in pieces it's just scrap parts...Mike

I suppose. If you have a lot of time on your hands.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Why no title? Fishy. I would NEVER buy a vehicle without a title, bill of sale or not. Buy the truck, he keeps the title, then reports it as you stole it? How much you wanna bet :no:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online