4.2 from a roll

million-miles

Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
I would like to see how the 4.2 does from a roll at about 50 against other vehicles. Mine with 3.42 is a pure pig from a dead stop but from a roll and you hit the kick down it pulls hard.

Envoy_04

Jul 1, 2013
Not quite 50, but I've got a comparison. A couple days ago on I79 a jack@$$ in a tractor trailer intentionally wouldn't let me by and proceeded to cut me off. When he finally got back in the right lane, I was rolling about 73-75 MPH, nailed it and got by him. I was about 2.5 to 3 car lengths back of him when I got in it, and as I cleared the tractor I looked down and had just nicked about 102, where she was still climbing hard and fast when I let off. That's pretty darn impressive from a 9 year old 4 wheel drive SUV if you ask me...

PCMofNC tune
"Custom" cat pipe
Resonator delete (if you can even count that as a performance mod)
K&N 57 series CAI

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
4.2, 3.73 axle. It does its job. I can't recall specifically watching the speedo, I'm more of a road-focused person at those speeds, but it does pretty good. At that speed it would shift to 2nd at a little under 4000 RPM, peak torque on a pre-06 motor being at 3600 she launches okay. I'm sure I'm not seeing the best possible performance, I don't have any performance mods and still use conventional oil (Castrol). I would imagine it'd be better when I get around to cleaning the TB.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gdub2306

Members Online