2nd gear slip after service

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Great idea, however I actually don't feel like putting a trans in it at the moment if it does act up so I'm gonna wait for nature to show me next year. :poke:
I used to do it on mine all the time. Besides, the escalade did it for 5 years before I put the kit in. You'll be fine lol

Reactions: Mounce

Mounce

Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
General thread update...

Have put about 15k on it since the install.

1-2 will still kick your dentures out if you're on the skinny pedal hard. If rpm's are climbing when it shifts, hold on tight. If rpm's have stabilized? Pretty firm and smooth. Nice. But with the way I drive it bites almost every shift. I like feeling and hearing the bald eagles scream. My mpg reflects that at 12-14mpg.

I do have a trans mount on the way though, have developed vibes at idle and could see a crack on the trans mount rubber so I'll swap it first and see how we go. Acdelco of course. Hopefully I won't need the motor mounts too at $90 a pop.

Everything else is great and I'm a happy ctpowetrain customer.

This will conclude my updates of this thread unless I get questions or issues.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
General thread update...

Have put about 15k on it since the install.

1-2 will still kick your dentures out if you're on the skinny pedal hard. If rpm's are climbing when it shifts, hold on tight. If rpm's have stabilized? Pretty firm and smooth. Nice. But with the way I drive it bites almost every shift. I like feeling and hearing the bald eagles scream. My mpg reflects that at 12-14mpg.

I do have a trans mount on the way though, have developed vibes at idle and could see a crack on the trans mount rubber so I'll swap it first and see how we go. Acdelco of course. Hopefully I won't need the motor mounts too at $90 a pop.

Everything else is great and I'm a happy ctpowetrain customer.

This will conclude my updates of this thread unless I get questions or issues.
Take a look at the lower fan to fan shroud clearance. That got really tight in the Sierra when the kounts were about done. Then the power steering lines got crushed. :hopeless:

Reactions: Mounce

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online