2023 Blazer RS, what is this part?

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Wondering if anyone knows what this might be. Found this rubber cover on the transmission as I was snooping under the hood today. Thinking that it might be a pre installation port cover from the ECM which is right over the trans, possibly left there by workers....anybody know? thanks, Mike100_4853.jpeg100_4852.jpeg100_4851.jpeg

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Looks like one of the covers they use for the Flexplate/TQ Converter area to keep dust and debris out.

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Looks like one of the covers they use for the Flexplate/TQ Converter area to keep dust and debris out.
Thanks but, not from there as far as I can tell by looking at pics of the converter housing and what I can see on the vehicle, the search goes on.....

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Maybe just ask the parts guy at the dealership or the techs. Maybe it's a protective cap for a part installed at the factory.

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Maybe just ask the parts guy at the dealership or the techs. Maybe it's a protective cap for a part installed at the factory.
That's probably the case. It has a part number that I Googled and it referred me to an inverter on a Buick Skylark ?? looking at one I saw no connection. I'll check a few more locations on the vehicle just to make sure that road salt isn't poring into some port.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
04envoyxlv8

Members Online